LSC is shoing the new Zoom FR8

CraigF

both a 4-pin Hirose and a 2-pole plug on the back

From the LSC Facebook page: Not much beyond what you see in the photos. 8 mic/line inputs. Stereo out on TA3's. Sub Out on TRS. Timecode BNC I/O. Hirose 4-pin power. Dual SD cards. Scene/take file names and metadata. All metal construction. Looking at delivery later in the year at or around $1k US

post-1520-0-80796300-1428957086_thumb.jp

post-1520-0-88056900-1428957092_thumb.jp

post-1520-0-79556300-1428957098_thumb.jp

post-1520-0-92192300-1428957105_thumb.jp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ain4-2IsT4

So by freezing the video I can see a few details.

It looks like the area below the meters has the 8 ISOs plus L and R. There are two lines of this. Left of that is .WAV and 48. These two lines appear to equate to the two mini SD cards. I take that to mean you can record the 8 ISOs plus the mix. Routing options are not clear. The far right bottom corner shows the time remaining on each SD card. 

The 8 boxes above the meters appear to show pan control, limiter button, phantom power button, and trim. It appears that these are menu selected, not hard switches. Above that are the time code, track run time, power source and level, TC source and frame rate.

For the hard buttons: transport controls, headphone volume, menu and rotary selector, 3-way slate/tone/off lever. For each input there is a PFL button and what I am guessing is a track arm button. Obviously a fader knob that goes from 10 to 75 and what appears to be 6 LEDs (meters ?). All in all, I'd say this is a pretty complete mixer/recorder. If the sound is decent, a hella backup 8-input 10-track mixer/recorder at sub $1,000.