ticking noise Nomad 12

Matthias Richter

could you guys with a Nomad 12 do me a favour and check your Nomad for a noise that my brand new N12 got?

Switch on the Nomad, have your faders down (doesn´t matter if there is any source connected) and listen to the Nomad itself with headphones volume all the way up.

I´ve got a ticking noise every 2 seconds. This noise get´s recorded and will be on the tracks. I have checked the recordings on my laptop - it´s there.

I even got a replacement N12 from Zaxcom  - same ticking.

Thanks for helping and listening on your N12 in advance.

Matthias

That'll be the countdown timer to your next big Zaxcom expenditure.

There'll be a helpful reminder of all the great gear you could be using, but haven't connected yet, on the screen when it's ready, warning you you're wandering under equipped in the desert, you'll need to get to an Oasis. :)

Sorry!

48V on or off makes no difference here.

Testing at the moment and have found out that it seems to be RET4. If I listen to RET4 in the headphone matrix only I´ve got the ticking. All other inputs are good. When RET4 routed to a card track I´ve got the ticking when listening to that track too. Seems input #10 (RETurn #4) is the problem. Please have a listen!

Matthias

RET4 causes the ticking.

Actually that´s where it will be audible. Don´t know what causes the ticking really.

Ive always had s ticking on my returns. Had two units. Don't remember if it was on the first unit as well. On this newer unit I have replaced pretty much all the components at one time or another for various reasons. At least once. Ticking still there. So I only use the returns for camera monitoring and loud consistent stuff.

• 2 weeks later...