QRX200 internal PSU introduces noise

Matthias Richter

Well, I have ordered mine now, so I'll just have to wait and see (hear). 

I calmed down the noise from my IFB200 with an Audioroot thing (can't remember which one), but that is nuisance of course. The Audioroot needs its own power supply, but maybe - if the problem occurs - I can run both the QRX and the ifb from the same Audioroot box. 

OTOH I have a QRX100, which doesn't induce any noise at all, so maybe, hopefully, I am lucky. 

If not, I know who to call ...

QRX200s in a bag feeding a Nomad 12.  QRX is using both analog outputs.  Common power supply using NP-1s, feeding everything in the bag which includes a Comtek transmitter, a Zaxcom transmitter (currently on block 26), and I have to crank the Nomad gain way up to hear any noise at all -- just hiss when I turn it up enough.

I should add, with QRXs on my cart I don't recall any noise anomalies, either.

Question:  Do you have an IFB100 or IFB200 running nearby.  Those are a known source of induced whine -- especially if it's on the same power supply.  (Sorry, don't have time to read back through the thread to see if this has already been addressed.)

me and Kortwich both tested the QRX200 at the time of me purchasing it 2 years ago. Striped the setup down to just the QRX200 feeding a Nomad (even tested with a 788) and nothing else. 2 units same issue. A QRX235 and QRX100 in the very same setup were clean.

But it´s all 2 years old. (meaning I gave up on this one ;-)

Well, I am happy to report back that my QRX200 seems to work just fine. It doesn't have the EU modulation anymore, that was a bit of a surprise, but ither than that no whine. That's on my location cart. I also have a studio cart and there the whine was very clearly there. I should say a whine. Could have been something else, I didn't investigate, I just didn't use it. But now on my main cart, everything appears fine so far