Pelican foam from the case to the cart and back

RadoStefanov

My latest invention is a pelican foam with handles that holds gear. I open it in the morning and place it on the cart. When I am done I grab the whole thing and put it back in the pelican.

There are a lot of ideas that can accomplish similar workflow for all kinds of cart gear. Stay tuned.

Why don't keep the gear in the case with the lid open. Then just close the lid when moving. Saves time and is more secure. Do you store the cases somewhere else?

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

I would love to.

The problem is the lid is not easy to remove.

That is why I came out with the foam insert with handles.

Works great.

Things don't leave the follow cart...  Boom op (or I )  work from that cart....  Equip. stays on that cart... never on my cart...  unless going mobile, then things stay in cases until used... then placed back in those cases... 

End of day,  whole loaded carts roll back into the van...

I can't see how pulling foam is helpful in any way.... But, it seems you may have a different workflow...

The pelican is almost the same size as the foam...why not leave it in the case if you are moving gear around like that?

I think your idea is good for your style of workflow for sure... you maybe move gear out of a car, then back into the car in cases...

There are a lot of soundies whose work kind of falls between full up Hollywood feature cart style, and full-out verite bag-style.  Often what we end up with is a cart setup in which the gear may not be permanently mounted, either because the cart has to fold up to travel or because (in my case) each job requires some variation on the gear used and part of each day might require a bag/doco rig that moves right into something where you can put the bag down.  There are also real limitations on how much gear a soundie working alone will want to try to handle, esp in urban environments.  So I see what Rado is driving at very well: he may be on his cart in the morning of a job, and would like to have all those TX or whatever handy, but then later on the same day might have to go much more verite and need to have all that stuff in a hard case in the back of his car (or a pass van etc).  

philp

Why don't keep the gear in the case with the lid open. Then just close the lid when moving. Saves time and is more secure. Do you store the cases somewhere else?

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

the point is if I use the whole case the lid falls down on the antennas. I originally wanted to design removable lids but could not. The idea is having everything on your cart organised in a foam for a quick setup and break down.

Better yet maybe pelican can design a line of cases that works like an ammo box lid, then you can just pop the lid to the side and it comes off, maybe they never thought of that but if done correctly might be a good idea. Maybe someone should mention it to them.