New reviews on Lectrosonics L series?

cmassey

Picked up an LT today. I think I really like this. Sounds good and is smaller than a UM. I also dig the "blackout" all lights.

Running battery time tests at the moment with black Panasonic eneloops. First test ran 4h 55 min. with a COS11D plugged in. Those batteries had been sitting for a while, so I'm running a second test with freshly charged ones right now. During the first test, I was also playing around a bunch with menus, settings, tested the Ambient dweedle app etc.

I'll post back with 2nd results.

Second set of black Panasonics ran the LT for 5h 19min. The red light came on at 4:55 (from that point, I kept the screen backlight on), and it started blinking at 5:15.

Nick, I tried bumping the transmitter against my hand at different angles, but could not get it to shut off by doing so. The battery door appears to be solid.

Used the LT on a couple jobs this week, with good results. The only thing that's bothering me is the battery life.

Tried the 50 mW setting and got it to 5:30.

According to the manual, it should get 8h with black Panasonic eneloops. Is there anyone here that could confirm getting 8 hours runtime? I'm calling Lectro on Monday, but in the meantime would be interested in hearing others experience.

Used the LT on a couple jobs this week, with good results. The only thing that's bothering me is the battery life.

Tried the 50 mW setting and got it to 5:30.

According to the manual, it should get 8h with black Panasonic eneloops. Is there anyone here that could confirm getting 8 hours runtime? I'm calling Lectro on Monday, but in the meantime would be interested in hearing others experience.

Are you sure the batteries were freshly charged and in good condition? With the SM series I don't see a huge saving in 50mW, but I use it because they run cooler. I've had a few of those people complain about the heat, so if I don't need to maximize range, 50mW it is.

Yes johnpaul, I am sure.

I tested 5 times. The first two runs were at 100 mw with batteries that had been sitting for a week or so, since last charged.

The following two were right off the charger (Powerex 4-bay) and they showed around 2450-2600 mAh.

The 5th test was with Amazon Basics black batteries that some seem to believe are Eneloop Pro batteries in disguise. I think I can debunk that myth right here - they didn't even last 5 hours in the LT at 50mw. They also got quite a bit hotter to the touch than the Panasonics while charging. These Amazon batteries were right out of the factory wrapping, to the charger and straight to the LT. (I got them for my son's toys, but tested them just to see how they'd hold up).

I called the fanatics in NM today, and it seems like there was an honest mistake in the manual. The data sheet, as pointed out by thope earlier in this thread, in fact says 6 hours. 

For the record - I do like Lectrosonics a lot. I own and use a bunch of their gear - and will continue to do so.

Gotcha. Seemed like a glitch because I've always found their battery estimates to be very spot on, not like laptop battery life where they game it by not really doing anything.

Sidenote, I grabbed a couple of those Amazon batteries but I've been using them for less demanding things like an ERX. I should put them in an SMQV and see what I get.

• 2 weeks later...