New reviews on Lectrosonics L series?

cmassey

My LR/LT combo has been fantastic for my mini ENG rig, or as a solid hop to other cameras. The pair sounds great, is easy to tune, impressive range, and having Blocks 470-20 gives me enough flexibility in LA. From quick power-on to IR Tx sync, the duo is ready to go in a few minutes. 

Sx8a0bW.jpg

[Above: Performed well on the CES Show floor in LVCC, an RF mayhem]

Battery performance in general is on par or a little less than a SM combo. I can run almost a full day with AA Lithiums, or swap Eneloop 2000mAh before lunch (at 50 mW). The LT does get pretty warm during 100 mW operation, and may cause discomfort in some conditions. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

I've been using them for a few weeks now as scratch track receivers w/ Immedion 2400 rechargeables. Similar battery life as others are reporting - roughly 4.5 hours.  Very happy with the sound and build quality, less happy about the battery life in the receivers.

I soldered up some Arri XLR5 and Red balanced mini-TRS cables and had good luck with both setups.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all and Happy New Year!

Wondering what the latest favorite AA batteries you all are using for the Lectro LT/LR system.    I'm interested in which rechargeable AA's fit the best.  It would seem as far as batt life, the Eneloop Pro 2450's are getting good life.   Any contrary results?

Also, anyone have any issues getting the batt doors to close?   Seem with most batts I've tried, I had to really work it and in some cases not been able to close the doors at all!   As with the Powerex 2700's.  This is disturbing since I own a bunch of those batts.  

Ok, thank you in advance for any feedback.  

I bought 2 LR's and 2 LMb's. I noticed the battery doors on the receivers were really hard to close at first. The black rubber bumpers that surround the battery contact springs came out with the batteries on both receivers one of the first battery changes. I was glad I noticed them stuck to the batteries. I called Lectrosonics to ask and make sure everything was ok, and was told it happens sometimes. I put them back in and it hasn't happened since. The doors feel a little easier to close with a little use.