Lectro UH400a's & CMIT-5U

Jonathan Reyes

Hello JWsounf People,

Weird experience I'm having with one of my CMIT-5U and my 2 Lectro UH400a's.

Problem: When ever I power my CMIT-5U with my plug ons. The CMIT-5U doesn't power all the way up. The LEDs on the shotgun stay dim red and aren't switchable. Both my UH400's are set at 48V, phantom on. The plug ons work with all of my other phantom power mics. When I hard wire my CMIT-5U straight to my recorder it works perfectly fine. Now here is the weird part.

When I switch my plug ons to 15v they power my CMIT-5U perfectly and I'm able to switch the 15v to 48v and both volt settings sound the same and the mic is working.

I sent the plug ons to lectro and they are up to date and received a tune up. Lectro told me phantom mics can very on mic from 12v to 50v to work. And that 15v won't damage the mic or plug on. If anything my batteries will last longer.

My other CMIT-5U works fine at 48v with both plug ons and as well at 15v. I really don't want to send the non 48v working mic to Germany to get repaired. I guess I'll use that schoeps at 15v with my uh400a.

Has anyone heard or experience this?