Teradek bolt and bad sound from alexa to assist

foliver

Hello group,

I'm having some bad issues with bolt systems ( 5 antennas ones).

Until now, and under "normal " situation i worked this way:

From the Cantar to the Alexas with a G2 for a ref sound, then sound goes with image by SDI to teradek to video assist, then from video assist to client director with another G2.

Everything was ok, until some new teradek bolts with 5 antenas receiver comes into the camera equipment.

The problem:

The wireless signal going from the camera to the video assist is clean for picture but sound is having a ciclic heavy pffffff growing from clean to disaster first in right channel then in both, then clean again, then disaster.

I would like to know if someone has had the same issue, and has find a solution for this.

I like to avoid another receiver for video assist, and now i'm forced to use one like before the sdi.

Thanks for share your experiences.

Fabian

Hi Philip how are you, txs for your answer.

As far as i know teradeks tx are in the ghz, and my g2 on 660 mhz, so direct interference is not the problem, plus sound on camera is good. Free of interference.

The problem is in the wireless sdi "travel"...

Hi Fabian
I have experienced the same issues with the same teradek system and same workflow. Works fine until suddenly sound starts to become garbled, and picture is clean. I came to the conclusion that it must be a firmware problem on these units. The only solution I found was to power cycle the Teradek units, after that everything started to work fine again. But I think it happened a few times during the day.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

No, no direct freq interference of course, but you have a problem, right?  So something in the operation of the Teradeks has changed, and probably they are emitting something that is squashing your RX.  Are the power and signal cables to the Teradek the same as used before, routed the same?  Are they touching the G2?

philp