12 power supplies, batteries, options for cart.

larry long

When I got my Deva and the Cameo I could finally lose the inverter and just run on DC (no more DA78...), now I have a Optima yellowtop battery that goes to a powerMax and that power the rest of my cart and that means a Deva, Cameo, 6 wireless (sometimes 8), IEM, and a small LCD monitor. So far no problems at all, when I have AC I connect it (and that charges the battery) but I don't have to if I need to move around a lot. Also works great in a insertcar etc. I haven't timed how long it would last me but I have done 6h+ without problems. Now I will have both the XLR inputs for the PowerMax on the outside of my rack so if I need to I just get another car battery and keep on going.

Oscar Lovnér

Teh Xantrex I've found to be good also for those emergencies.  I shot a feature last winter in upstate new york and the G&E deperatment let the generator run out of fuel...seized the whole thing up and we happened to be at shack on some lake.  Not only was I the only one with power but I ended up using it for powering a few work lights for a bit.  I ran the unit into a forman P8 to clean it up.

On another note I tend to use NP1s (lion 72w) and wanted to know if anyone had a solution to run my PowerBook off of these?

Thanx,

marque