Who's getting an Apple Watch?

NewEndian

Eventually I'll get one for sure. I realize it is physical limitations, but I hate that it needs the phone as a companion for GPS. I do not carry a phone with me when I go running, and won't start to. Especially with something as big as an iPhone 6. I am fine wearing my Garmin GPS watch and chest strap, but I wish that data was as accessible as it is with the Apple health app. Now it's just stuck in the Garmin website.

This is off the topic, but a few years ago I was still running the 50 or 60 miles a week, rowing other days, indoor rower some days, and there was not a great way to keep track of all of those workouts. With the Apple health app it is very close to getting there, and adding things like daily steps and heart rate and whatever else. I love having that data.

I also recently got a Bluetooth scale and blood pressure cuff. The idea of having your blood pressure measured once a year at a physical or wellness exam or trip to the emergency room is not a really good source of data. The Health app is a great way to consolidate all of that stuff and you can show or send it to your doctor.

As someone that used to have severe asthma, seeing what they are doing with that research kit and studying medical conditions like asthma, that is huge. Some really good things are going to come out of that software.

As someone who likes to wander around strange cities on foot, I really like the idea of the tapping on the watch telling you to turn the right or the left. The idea of walking around holding your phone in front your face because you're trying to decipher a map takes you out of where you are.

I don't have an Apple Watch, but I'll eventually get one down the road.

A LectroRM watch app would be nice if you can design it to be used quickly. Perhaps having a favourite tones section and being able to preset specific settings you want to your Apple Watch before you walk up to the cast.

It would definitely be able to save some time instead of pulling out the phone, unlocking, and opening up the app.

Despite what people think in this thread, I personally think the Apple Watch will be taken more seriously down the road once they start implementing more frameworks, along with more watch apps being developed by the major app companies.

I used to have a phone, a camera and a watch. Now I have one device that covers all 3 or those things and more.

I would prefer to have the ability for my phone to interact with my existing devices, instead of a new one... (TV, home computer, cloud storage, appliances, clocks, lights etc). Actually, I can already do a lot of those things :)

There may be some specialized uses and niche markets for it, but IMO, the Apple watch is like a diamond. It's value and need is driven solely by marketing.

"There may be some specialized uses and niche markets for it, but IMO, the Apple watch is like a diamond. It's value and need is driven solely by marketing." Well, I guess this confirms that Apple is the absolute master of marketing having "already sold more than every other smart watch combined." 

For a 1st gen product, I'm still pretty interested. Even things like leaving my phone charging somewhere in the house, your watch (if on the same wifi network) will display calls and can answer them (Dick Tracy style). Instead of just hearing an email, I can see what it is. Even if I'm doing something like working on my motorcycle and get a text message, I look at the watch instead of constantly wiping off my hands and pulling a phone out of my pocket. There are some times I am waiting in a specific email so I check every time I hear the alert. Again, maybe not a concern for some people, but I can see it making life easier.

I had a pebble watch and loved it (before I lost it). They're not expensive ($99) and I would highly recommend it.

Rest assured that Apple has virtually infinite money, resources, and manpower to investigate whether this would be viable product. It would be unwise to take ones own limited personal experience without respecting their caution in fully developing a new product. Apple can't just slap their logo on dirt and sell it.

What I meant by this post is to actually find out if my user base would appreciate such functionality on a watch like that. Particularly because LectroRM seems like a reasonable fit for it. I think I could make a good user interface for it.

I'm going to repost this question in a more objectively useful format.