My version of the Magliner vertical cart.

John Ronnerblad

By the way... is that an optical illusion of the furry closer to the lens... or is that a SUPER-long-haired furry? If so... where did you get it? It looks like one of the Rycote "animal" jammers... but the fur is SO long (apparently)?

Yes, it's light enough for me to lift it up by myself into the back of my car. But those shelves are made of steel and weights about 4kg each... So I have thoughts of having aluminum shelves instead. And to put in a couple of custom made drawers.

Regarding the fur. It's a Cinela Piano with the long fur. It got pretty long hair but Cinela have anothe fur for the Piano with extra long hair as well...

28 minutes ago, Nathaniel Robinson said:

Wow, very nice. On my upright cart I am using a larger, heavier steel plate for increased stability, but thinking of adopting the inverted nose approach.

Is the aluminum boom holder (at bottom of cart) a custom piece?

Yes, the boom cups are made of aluminum pipe with end caps. Easy and cheap. But everything have not been easy but really fun. And somehow I can't stop thinking about more and more modifications. Now I'm thinking about putting some USB outlets somewhere. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok... So a couple of years later the evolving cart continues. The base is still a Magliner handtruck but the rest of the cart has changed. Mostly because of the Cantar X3. I needed deeper shelves, heavier base, better balance. So I started to think... I found v-slots (8020ish) and started to build something modular. I wanted to get rid of the casters since a narrow cart needs a stable base. A lot of custom brackets and mistakes were made. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not. I guess it has cost me twice what it should have if I knew what I wanted in the first place... But that doesn't matter, it's been a hobby, a process that never slept.  

I still have ideas and things I want to do, but for now this chapter has come to an end. Maybe there will be an update in a couple of years:)

Thank you all for inspiration and knowledge. 

I give you: "Mono-Cart 3000"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a regular Magliner handtruck. And then put the 10” pneumatic wheels in where it should be 8” wheels. So the nose gets 2” higher up. I think I also had to adjust the nose further up to get the desired height for the front casters. 

I have tried all magliner parts in all positions and with a bit of hard work and luck manage to level it. 

John

• 1 year later...

Ok, one year later I feel like I'm done. MonoCart has evolved from a simple Magliner to something completely different. It's been a journey, that's for sure. And it has at this time cost me a fortune:) But well worth it, I have learned a lot and maybe one day, I'm brave enough to make the wheel base myself as well.

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3185.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG