Service Turn Around Times?

Sound Devices has been about 5-7 days every time I have sent something in but as Mark says they will provide a loaner for $75.00 plus shipping.

Lectrosonics was 4 days last time and 6 days the time before 

Denecke was 5 days last time and 3 days the time before 

Mozegear was 5 days but offered to send a loan or expedite it if it was urgent ( I have 3 boxes so it wasn't urgent) 

Ktek- 4 Days 

With any manufacturer, turnaround varies based on workload, staffing status, parts on hand, phase of the moon, etc.

Most will try to give you an estimate if you call. You can also discuss expediting in an emergency.

It's usually a few days to a couple of weeks with most. You've got to remember shipping time both ways, logging and processing, weekends and holidays -- as well as the actual repair time itself.

I was quite curious why Rado would inquire about service turnaround for Sound Devices and Lectrosonics gear, knowing that he generally doesn't use their products, but I was guessing he had actually sent something in to Zaxcom and was somehow displeased with the turnaround time. I guess he also felt that it was more important to ask this question here on JWSOUND rather than just calling Zaxcom and asking their service department what the turnaround would be. I was still intrigued by all of this so I called Zaxcom service to check up on the status:

"Rados Maxx was received by Zaxcom on Friday April 24th via Trew audio Los Angeles and was available to service on Monday April 27. Rado's unit happens to be serial #1 so it is being gone through very carefully to make sure it is comparable to a new unit sold today. Service time for this unit at Zaxcom is currently 5 days."

So, there has to be some other agenda at work here for Rado, implying that somehow Zaxcom service turnaround times are not in line with two of the other main usual suspects. The simple investigative work that I did, which of course Rado should have done, gets us closer to the real answer to the title of this topic.

I was quite curious why Rado would inquire about service turnaround for Sound Devices and Lectrosonics gear, knowing that he generally doesn't use their products, but I was guessing he had actually sent something in to Zaxcom and was somehow displeased with the turnaround time. I guess he also felt that it was more important to ask this question here on JWSOUND rather than just calling Zaxcom and asking their service department what the turnaround would be. I was still intrigued by all of this so I called Zaxcom service to check up on the status:

"Rados Maxx was received by Zaxcom on Friday April 24th via Trew audio Los Angeles and was available to service on Monday April 27. Rado's unit happens to be serial #1 so it is being gone through very carefully to make sure it is comparable to a new unit sold today. Service time for this unit at Zaxcom is currently 5 days."

So, there has to be some other agenda at work here for Rado, implying that somehow Zaxcom service turnaround times are not in line with two of the other main usual suspects. The simple investigative work that I did, which of course Rado should have done, gets us closer to the real answer to the title of this topic.

Why would Zaxcom give you information about another customer? Particularly when you don't represent that customer? Are you thirding for Rado now Jeff?

Jeff,

I have never said that on this forum!

Check your log or notifications.

My intentions was not to even mention it.

So, Rado, you're saying this post has nothing to do with your statement that Zaxcom has had your Maxx in for service for over 2 weeks and you've lost $1200. in rentals? I'm not buying it. It is more than "curiosity" that is driving this topic.