Any women here?

Haven't been here in a while; thanks everyone for your replies!

I met up with @Jan McL last weekend and we did a workshop about trying to get more girls into the STEM fields. They got a huge kick out of singing songs and doing pretend interviews into the microphones, and trying to hold the boom pole. It was around 32 girls total over two sessions; we hopefully inspired at least one of them!

Throw some of that footage on Kickstarter, lets get 

your funding going.

best,

Steven

Haven't been here in a while; thanks everyone for your replies!

I met up with @Jan McL last weekend and we did a workshop about trying to get more girls into the STEM fields. They got a huge kick out of singing songs and doing pretend interviews into the microphones, and trying to hold the boom pole. It was around 32 girls total over two sessions; we hopefully inspired at least one of them!

@laurenbanjo totally saved our day multiple times as together we troubleshot:

• the cable from computer --> Nomad died even tho I'd tested it the night before 
  • 2.4Ghz unusually in the Comtek feed.  Turns out I failed to reset IFB100 Zax output level to '5' from its post-update default '7'.
  • failed to plan the signal flow to play back of just the mix of the girls' singing to the cartoon and eliminate the source (kill its channel's record enable later solved) 
  • wasn't used to the projector mode so Lauren figured it out so it was easier

She boomed both classes as she was able and spontaneously taught for what I'm sure Lauren felt was an interminable period of time while I tried for a few minutes (and failed) to find the playback workflow.

Used the very public recovery to note that failing is an integral part of success so long as one recovers gracefully, which I endeavored to illustrate by example. I think the lesson sunk in as I'm sure the flush on my cheeks noticeably faded as I slowed my breathing to address them once again.

"I have failed you," I think the paragraph on screwing up began. "I can't play back your performances. I'm devastated, but...Lauren got to teach and did a great job (I could tell) and you get to see me recover from failure gracefully. How'm I doing so far?"

So much fun.

wiz_girls_groups.JPG

Wow, and she looks to be all of what, 12 ?

best

haha, well when signing in I did get asked if I had my photo release form, and I said "No, can I get one?" and another woman said "Your parent has to sign it", and I was like "Uhhh... I'm 21." Lol! Awkward. So even though that's not me in the pic, I probably don't look much older!

haha, well when signing in I did get asked if I had my photo release form, and I said "No, can I get one?" and another woman said "Your parent has to sign it", and I was like "Uhhh... I'm 21." Lol! Awkward. So even though that's not me in the pic, I probably don't look much older!

Forgot about that, LOL. Yeah. Can't believe we didn't get a picture of you dagnabbit. Lots was on the plate. Maybe the photog that came in got something...

Here's a really nice picture of Lauren. I only met her last weekend, on Jan's Sounderday, but I had a feeling she was a musician. So many of our sound community have such a love of music (and quite a few of them can actually MAKE music, not just record it!).

Lauren_Banjo.thumb.jpg.7b2bdb0c20eadbd98

Edited by Jeff Wexler

It was my pleasure to enjoy a delightful dinner with Lauren and Jan Wednesday night.

Navigating crazy New Jersey roads -- a small negative.  Seeing Jan in person and meeting Lauren -- a large postive!

I want you to know that I, someone who never watches football, kept it on in the background all night long as I was working, just so I could see/hear a whole 30 seconds of your work. :P good job! :)

• 5 weeks later...