Mounting a 411a on a canon c-305

Hi all,

Have a show with loads of shooter directors running around with canon c-305 cameras on boats but need to mount a lectro 411a on each one.

Have ppl had any ingenious mounting ideas. Have done some stuff with these sorts of cams before but just looking to see if other ideas are kicking about out there.

The Cam's have fairly heavy bags on them and also I don't really want to mount them underneath but it's an option.

All ideas welcome.

post-4276-0-29081000-1430911624_thumb.jp

post-4276-0-94170500-1430911655_thumb.jp

For these I'd use a single bag hung off the dumb side of the camera--I don't see a good spot for an object as large as a 411 on the top--shooters get whiney if you make it so they can't use the camera's handle.  Do you need a TC box on the rig as well?  Maybe consider a smaller RX…..

philp

Thanks Michael! didn't know about this unit. I usually use G3s to send to these type of cameras. For what it's worth, I sometimes clip the RX to the wrist strap on the lens. good if the hotshoe's being used for something else. 411 would be out for this purpose though. new lectro L series RX on the hotshoe would be great for these cameras.

Thanks men. Balance wise I don't think the shoe mounts gonna fly and sadly the 411 has to stay.

The guys are gonna be switching audio freqs between wires on the fly so need it in their faces.

I'll upload photos of what we come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Israeli arm off the 1/4" on the handle with the 411 just above the ops line of sight / good balance and ability to see channel selection or change freqs on the fly, 2 birds with 1 stone.  (terminating to a Rycote or BEC plate?)  The cams have bags?  What's in the bags?  Maybe put a courtesy LED on them too, as I've been seeing a lot of these things used for night shooting... the XF105 for it's infrared capability and the 305 because the codec matches the 105 and also has a super slow shutter mode for low light capture (blurs motion as it technically overlaps, but good for night landscapes).

The quick release adapters for the Ambient Lockit Boxes come with double sided adhesive strips sized pretty well for a 411a if you were willing to put some tape on them. Then you could mount off of a 3/8 or could use an adapter to 1/4 20 or cold shoe and it would be quick release which could be a bonus. Pretty simple and could be quite elegant. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for with Ambient in my experience.

Glad you like the suggestion! I know for a fact that the Tiny Lockit quick releases that I bought came with the double sided stick. May want to double check about the one for the ACL-204. I do like the size of the ACL-204 more though for this purpose so you may just want to add your own tape if it does not come with it.

In case you haven't seen these before but as Philip mentioned things will get top heavy and possibly ungainly...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687517-REG/K_Tek_K_SPT_K_SPT_Shoe_Plate_Mount.html

and this one but the straps may not be long enough for the 411a

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1006331-REG/rycote_157406_wireless_receiver_camera_bracket_universal.html

thanks for the feedback gents,

this is what we went with in the end. looks solid.

i did get one of the ambient plates which is an interesting design. is very solid looking and doesn't look like it would release accidently.

the holes in it are a very small though as they are designed for screws. wider ones could be drilled.

i've tried out the velcro one that was mentioned before but it uncrews itself easily and the velcro catched on things alot.

drove directors in the field mad on a show i did a few seasons ago.

post-4276-0-07152300-1431555193_thumb.jp

post-4276-0-79959300-1431555194_thumb.jp

post-4276-0-03771500-1431555197_thumb.jp