Audio root uPRE mk11

r.paterson

• 2 weeks later...

About the channel 5-6 problem. A small 2 channel passive attenuator will be very valuable for maxx.

Kills your ISO track too though.. Still a useful option.

On a related note. Turns out there is built in attenuation on inputs 5&6 designed so that even a hot line level source won't clip 5&6. I had Zaxcom mod my Maxx to remove this attenuation so that the inputs play better with analog wireless that don't put out a hot line level. Works great, of course you have to be careful not to clip it now if you're feeding it with a mixer.

On hold at moment thought using for boom Mic mono or stereo into aes inputs on maxX would be easier on virtual fader and leave the 4 x (real) faders for mixing radios and boom on virtual..the lack of lImiter

on the UPRE has me rethinking my next move..thanks for replies..Richard

• 1 year later...

r.paterson---did you give the uPre MKII a try on your MAXX?  I bought two of them and one of the two boxes is really creating a lot of RF spray in my audio bag.  I was wondering if you had any experience on this to share since making your original post.

So now I am looking at either finding a way to shield them from blasting the world with RF or else pulling them from my bag and starting over.