RIP B.B. King

Ze Frias

RIP BB King. I was lucky to see him and his band 3 times in my life. 1st time was the best. 1970 in Phoenix Az at a theater in the round. Half the crowd was white college kids dressed as we did back then, the other half of the crowd was black and dressed in their finest threads. The emotional electricity was insane as they tore into their set. Women were crying as they walked up to the stage with roses and other flowers and put them at his feet. I'd seen a lot bands by that point in time but BB blew them all away. Last time I saw him was at The Coach House in San Clemente maybe 10 years ago. They were still great. He had the gift and gave it to all freely and with love. Big fan of the man called BB.

CrewC

Bob Mugge has made his unreleased B.B. King concert film, The Road Home: B.B. King in Indianola available for streaming on Vimeo through the weekend. It's a pretty straightforward performance film of King's May 2003 late-night show at Indianola, MS's legendary Club Ebony. Mugge's films are made for folks that love music as much as he does.

https://vimeo.com/126855995

RIP BB King. I was lucky to see him and his band 3 times in my life. 1st time was the best. 1970 in Phoenix Az at a theater in the round. Half the crowd was white college kids dressed as we did back then, the other half of the crowd was black and dressed in their finest threads. The emotional electricity was insane as they tore into their set. Women were crying as they walked up to the stage with roses and other flowers and put them at his feet. I'd seen a lot bands by that point in time but BB blew them all away. Last time I saw him was at The Coach House in San Clemente maybe 10 years ago. They were still great. He had the gift and gave it to all freely and with love. Big fan of the man called BB.

CrewC

Thank you Crew for your memories...  truly puts us back in the moment