Best Coast @ Bart's Studio

Nice. I'm a fan of Best Coast. Sounded good Philip. You're right, to many cameras ='s to much cutting IMO. Did you mic the amps or DI or both. Also what was the drum micing?

Last week I saw a live meerkat broadcast of the band and their new album from the roof of Capitol Records building at sunset. That was good too. Thanks for sharing.

CrewC

This shoot was really a scramble--not much time, small space, and every band member had to be laved so that the host could step in at any point and talk to anyone--so the band, the room and 6 wires, with "live" turnovers between talking and playing, as well as feeds and TC for a jillion cams etc.  The band was on tour so the editor and I had to bring in and set up the whole moni deal for them too, they were driving in from LA and then had to go directly to a gig in SF that night.   The gtrs didn't want DIs so SM7 for Robb and 421s for the other 2, keys and bass DI but we ended upo micing the bass amp too per request.  We didn't have the inputs or time to get as deep into the drum micing as I wanted to--basically a "1-each" kind of thing, 57s, 52 kick, 421s, Schoeps OH etc.  Working on the roof of Capitol….yikes…mondo RF I'd think.  

p