deva4 or nomad..?

ek4

Yes, of course. The guy's looking for a BMW and you recommend a Ferrari. Helpful!

These one Vs the other questions always seem to break down along these lines. Or back in the day the Senator had his pat response but the answer is always "You" the asker is the only one who can  decide what works for you at the point of purchase time...  Either one is great. This the best kind of problem to have.

CrewC

EK4 obviously you're pretty determined not to allow any other suggestions than the two you originally mentioned so just go with whichever one you feel more comfortable with. Neither will disappoint you. Or maybe you're just trying to look for something that doesn't exist? I'm almost close to kinda missing our ol' Senny... 

hey, thanks to everyone here! 

@christian:

maybe i´m looking for something thats not existing:-) 

and i´m really open to any other suggestion, really! 

beside that, i really just asked asked in this thread if i oversaw some pros or cons on the two listed machines..

as here in this place are a lot of people who seem to be experts at zaxcom machines, i thought maybe someone comes up with something about the deva or nomad i didn´t even know.. 

seems not so, and thats a good thing.

, i thought maybe someone comes up with something about the deva or nomad i didn´t even know..

I bet there are a lot of things you didn't even know about the Deva or Nomad.

I don't mean that as mean as it may sound, but you can only learn about the features and quirks about any machine by actually using it. In the end, you may either celebrate or regret your decision.

Yes, of course. The guy's looking for a BMW and you recommend a Ferrari. Helpful!

Constantin,

I was mentioned the Sonosax SX-R4+.

He told me it has only 4 mic inputs.

Then I suggest the add on SX-AD8+ (ok not yet ready).

He told me again will think for Cantar X3.

This topics reminds me my girlfriend: "What dress color? 100% black or 90% black".

Now I don't have a girlfriend. Imagine why.

:D

calm, boys, everythings allright.. some things might sound wrong out of language issues, sorry if so.. i´m not a native speaker:-)

however, carry on, i think the thread deserves to be.. closed?

i for one thought your original post was pretty clear and you listed the pros and cons and even stated the problem yourself:

0f course it depends on my own weighting of whats important to me, you don´t need to help there, but maybe someone has any more reasons for the pro and cons, and why to choose the one over the other unit.. something i just oversee..

problem is, since you researched it in detail there's very little to add. your concern about weight and limiter quality are rather personal and to me it feels that you're struggling with a decision and just need some more time to think it over to feel comfortable (happens to me on expensive stuff).

probably best would be to rent both for a weekend and compare if directly.

and do post your findings here if you do so :)

chris

chris, thanks for the kind words, i think you nailed it there.

my problem is, that there is no nomad to rent in germany.. and no one seem to own it, or if they do, they use it and can not send..

so i have to make a decission without testing.. unusual for me..

and than i wrote this thread..:-)

but enough, i have to find another solution, but not here, so do not worry:-)

Constantin,

I was mentioned the Sonosax SX-R4+.

He told me it has only 4 mic inputs.

Then I suggest the add on SX-AD8+ (ok not yet ready).

He told me again will think for Cantar X3.

This topics reminds me my girlfriend: "What dress color? 100% black or 90% black".

Now I don't have a girlfriend. Imagine why.

:D

Maybe because you kept telling her to get the black dress when she wanted the blue one.

Anyway, yes he did mention the Cantar and he also dismissed it and the Sonosax in the very same post.

Anyway, this forum is flooded with pointless posts (including, quite possibly, this one) so why not add to it?

I don't see the problem with my comments.

I mentioned Sonosax SX-R4+ with AD8+.

Also the new Cantar X3.

Then I posted an article (http://www.asoundeffect.com/car-sound-effects-recording/) which talks about Zaxcom Fusion and Sound Devices 788.

Also I am suggesting now to contact some SFX people to get more opinions.

One of them is Watson Wu which is already member here.

As Chris suggestion: He can rent some of them to find the answers which is looking for.

As far I know he can rent from Ambient. (Michael Leichtfuss; 089 3605510-11)

Also from Zeigermann Audio.

More articles and possible contacts:

Patrick Shen

David Thirion

Justin Drust

Sorry, I can't find articles for Zaxcom in SFX.

He can contact also Luftrausch.

Some of recordings are made with old Sonosax SX-R4 in A format surround.

I will be happy to help you more if you need.

Sent me a personal message and we can organise a market research together.

Best

:)

hey, everything is fine, your comments are allright.

you don´t have to try to help more, but thanks a lot so far! 

of course i know the guys from luftrausch. and of course ambient is NOT renting the nomad..

as zeigermann is not renting them, too.. 

so there is no place in germany right now..

this forum is not the first place i got to with my considerations.. its the last, so to say..:-)

so, we can surely close here,

the only thing thats left open, maybe someone from germany would like to rent their nomad to me for a day:-) PM me than..