Tapatalk

Jeff Wexler

I have installed and activated an updated Tapatalk plug-in for our newly updated site. I don't really have a way of testing but we can only hope that it is working for our Tapatalk users.

Remember, you may have to use your Display Name to login since IPB has dropped support for the older username/login name in favor of just the one name.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can browse just fine with Tapatalk, but I cannot log in.  I made sure I was using my screen name, and am typing the correct password, and all I get is a "Connecting to server ....." perpetually.  If my info is wrong it gives me an error.  I tried forgetting the forum in tapatalk and finding it again with no luck.

I must be doing something wrong.

The site notifications work great, but you have to go to the site first.  What i like with tapatalk is that it gives me push notifications on my phone.  It's more seamless and direct than the site notifications or an email notification, and I can navigate directly to the content from the notification.  It's just a convenience I've gotten used to.

Thanks for the heads up. I know IPB is thinking of incorporating some method of push notifications, it's a good idea and important to the people who really get used to having those things. Important as well to be able to turn them off --- I am not a big fan of so much of the instant notifications I get with my iPhone, my laptop, etc.

I fully agree, the only good push notifications are the ones you can control so you get notified of things you want, and don't get notified about every little thing that happens.  It's a fine line between useful and annoying.

I like to get push notifications for private messages and current topics that I'm actively participating in, and I turn them off for all other content.  That way I don't constantly get dinged.  I'm curious to see what IPB comes up with.  For me, if they implemented that, I could drop tapatalk all together.  It does act funny sometimes.

Good to hear, thank you Jonathan! Most of the reports have been positive so far, I've had to solve some login problems for some but I think it's going well. Still working on some lingering issues from the update but then we'll be on to the fun stuff. I've got great plans for the site but the priority is to first get it working perfectly.

There are a few issues I'm having with Tapatalk. I know you can't confirm then Jeff, but I'll mention them anyway, to keep a list, or something... - can't post picture (yet). Apparently more of a forum issue than Tapatalk. But Tapatalk insists on me logging in (to my non-existent Tapatalk account) when uploading pictures. That's new and annoying - can't delete posts anymore - when opening a thread which I have already read parts of, it'll now jump to the newest message, rather than the newest unread message

Help me out, Constantin, are the problems you are describing happening on the site when using full size browser on tyour computer or are they happening only through Tapatalk? What you seem to be describing are some of the reasons I don't lke how Tapatalk works. Tapatalk actually loads the relevant parts of whatever forum you are subscribed to and then feeds it back to you in the form that Tapatalk has worked out, a form that Tapatalk hopes you love. Also, because Tapatalk is always accessing this site, several times in the past it has actually disrupted and corrupted normal functioning of this site.

If your problems are happening only with Tapatalk, I can't really help you out, sorry.