GoPro HERO+ LCD

Got my (older, not technologically inclined) friend a GoPro for Christmas so he can make quick, easy videos for his music students and so he can take videos when he goes to his boat. This model would have been perfect for him, but it wasn't out yet.

I definitely wanted to get him one with an LCD -- one time I left my GoPro at his house and he tried to use it (without my permission :P) and when I got it back and checked the SD card, I saw a bunch of pictures and videos of him with a confused "is this thing on?" face! Haha!

Unfortunately, the only model at the time that came with an LCD was the $400 Hero 4 Silver, which was too expensive and had a lot of features he didn't need, anyway. 

Ended up getting a Black Friday deal which came with a Hero 3+ Silver, an attachable LCD, and an SD card for $250. Not a bad deal at all -- at the time, the 3+ Silver sold for $300 on its own, without the LCD ($100 extra).

but seeing as that was just a Black Friday thing, this new model looks like it's a happy medium between the lower and higher end versions -- for people who want the screen and WiFi capabilities, but don't care about recording higher than 1080/60.

Although, unfortunately, looking at the picture, it looks like you won't be able to take it out of its case.

I know this is not a camera that we have to worry about hooking up sound to but I'm really impressed with the design and feature set of this new entry into the amazing world of GoPro. I could have fun with this!

Yes fun, lots of nice things, lcd. wifi, bluetooth, all power hungry, bet the battery life is one of the biggest limitations. Doesn't say whether the battery is removable.
So many things crying out for high capacity, very quick charge, environmentally friendly, light, small, battery technology, and there are undoubtedly some very clever people with very large resources, trying very hard to come up with something.
Too convert stored chemical energy into electrical energy. Or some entirely new technology that flows out of particle accelerator experiments perhaps?

No Sir! The airline does not permit micro cold fusion black hole hybrid power sources on this flight. :)

Edited by pindrop

On "Gymkhana Five" we averaged about 60 per shot.  One array alone had at least 35 of them.  We destroyed at least 8 of them each day.

They can record ext audio, but we found out that it uses the same connector as an ext battery would use, and there is no multiadapter avail from the company.  I bet you could make one though.

p