Bumble Bee invisible lav

Prahlad Strickland

Bumble bee's fabric is magical. You can rub it on your ear and will not hear anything. I can not wait for this to come out on the market.

​I'm a witness. I personally saw Rado rub it on his ears. He even rubbed it on mine, and it's true, I didn't hear it. lol.

I'm glad the name got straightened out. 

The idea of a Bumbleee invisible lav sounds like what you'd include in your kit when craft service from is from Subway...

bumble-bee-foods-llc-173158.thumb.jpg.e1

... along with Emperor's invisible wardrobe for the principals...

​Haha, love it.

• 2 weeks later...

From Bubblebee:

Hello, hello!

Since we truly care about our products and quality here at Bubblebee Industries our new Invisible LAV Cover product has been postponed just a tiny bit. We’ve been control testing some of the product components and we weren’t completely satisfied with the results. The tape we used didn’t quite make it to our demands, so that’s why we are now working with a new kind. That’s why we’ve now received a new batch and are now testing - and so far we’re satisfied.

So in a very short period of time, we’ll be ready to ship out the new and improved LAV Covers.

1981869_912785975451645_3360439498331849

Looks pretty similar to the Rycote Overcovers, wich imo, are great. Seems bulkier, but maybe the Fabric is quieter?

Looks a little more like Rycote Undercovers to me, but I agree...and I had to check Rycote's site to get the name right...even though I use their under/over/stickies.

http://www.rycote.com/products/lavalier-solutions/

I find the Undercover felt disks to be a bit less robust than I'd like...like they spread apart too easily (though they're still useful). If the Bubblebee fabric is a bit stronger, that could be good. I'll definitely try out a box of these lav covers...

Looks a little more like Rycote Undercovers to me, but I agree...and I had to check Rycote's site to get the name right...even though I use their under/over/stickies.

http://www.rycote.com/products/lavalier-solutions/

I find the Undercover felt disks to be a bit less robust than I'd like...like they spread apart too easily (though they're still useful). If the Bubblebee fabric is a bit stronger, that could be good. I'll definitely try out a box of these lav covers...

That's what I always thought. They sorta feel like they're going to fall apart.

"I find the Undercover felt disks to be a bit less robust than I'd like...like they spread apart too easily (though they're still useful)."

I have multiple sheets of different colored felt I get from arts & craft stores, which works decent. Some of the colors are a little more abrasive than others but an overnight soak in fabric softener takes care of that. And whats not to like at $0.33/sheet