Radio mic blocks

nevo

Ive got a 6 week shoot filming in quite a few different cities around the world and am wondering about my radio mic freq allocations

Im currently running 3x SRB in blk20/24/26 and was hoping that  should cover most places

We are filming in Sydney,Los Angles.Houston,Bueno Aires,Tokyo,Shanghai.

If there are any recordists from any of those cities or folk who have worked there recently your experience would be appreciated.

I realise that different parts of town might be more congested than others but I dont have any  detail of exactly where we shoot yet.

Regards Nevo

...Is there an online resource that might have the info.?

I thought maybe I could find dealers in each city and email them.

Ive got contacts for the locations in the States

Does anyone have any suggestions for tokyo , shanghai,bueno aires?

Thanks for the replies guys,and also to the people that PM,d me.

I have had emails back from various pro audio shops as well and the verdict seems to be I should be able to find some space 

within those 3 blocks in the places Im going to.

Once again thanks for the replies....Its a fantastic place full of helpful people.

While in Bueno Aires I used lower blocks (470 to 21) and 20 worked fine. As pointed out before results varies around town. 

Good advice from Karlsson to scan on location. I always scan on tech scouts and then use IAS software to crunch the numbers with the overlay from the scans to find the lowest noise floor among the 10 or so channels I am using. Here in the US ... the FCC tables do not always reveal all sources of RF one may bump into on locations with harbors and government buildings and installations. Both of which Bueno Aires has plenty of.

Reads to be a great trip. Care for your gear and sleep.

Unless you are running multiple TXs in the same block, I don't think you have much worry about. The reality is, even in the most congested of blocks, you'd be pretty hard pressed to NOT be able to find a pair of usable frequencies. Since you're spaced out across 3 blocks, and only 2 TXs per, you should be fine.