Shastapete

Zuca Boom op cart

19 posts in this topic

I've had this zuca case for a couple months now and it has worked well when traveling around NYC for small eng and boom op gigs, but I wanted a secure place to put my pole on set as well as give it bigger wheels to better navigate crappy sidewalks.

So I finally put some pieces I've been collecting together.

Switched out the 4" skate wheels for 8" scooter wheels, sawed off the original front feet and added casters. Attached 2 boom holders on the back using broom holders from the container store (elfa system) and 2" pvc caps protected in the radius of the back wheels.

11232175_10100805540921469_3665284114670922208_n.jpg

11351331_10100805540851609_5034218603066047317_n.jpg

Nice. I did something similar to my husky but I can't change the wheels on it :( . How good is the interior of the bag?

Thanks for putting this up here, this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind for me. Just waiting for my zuca to arrive. Great job!

The bag interior has some mesh pockets , but is mostly just an open space. Everything is pretty protected by the roll cage of the bag. I've heard stories of the bag ripping if overloaded. But so far so good for me

Pete, would you post new pictures please? The old ones don't display here.

Yes, please do... they don't seem to be visible here either!

MF

Looks good. I will put both of these in the Gallery of Sound Carts for future viewing.

Hey Pete, this looks great! Can you link to the wheels that you've used? Thanks!

These are the wheels I got:

https://www.pocketbikeparts.com/electric-scooter-kick-scooter-wheel-8-inch.html

They have a few other sizes, but 8" is the biggest. Site isn't the easiest to navigate, but you can find these under "Rims / Wheels" in the product index. Shipping was pretty quick 

I'm modding a Zuca bag/ cart myself so I started a facebook group where other people using Zuca products for sound can share ideas and figure out what works and what doesn't.  All are welcome. 

I personally can't wait to have a design for myself that's worthy of sharing in the gallery of sound carts one day. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1595929987382210/

Right my recent efforts have prove so convenient!

664 stablised by elements from ORCA harness

Pix attached

mike

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG