Zuca Boom op cart

Shastapete

I've had this zuca case for a couple months now and it has worked well when traveling around NYC for small eng and boom op gigs, but I wanted a secure place to put my pole on set as well as give it bigger wheels to better navigate crappy sidewalks.

So I finally put some pieces I've been collecting together.

Switched out the 4" skate wheels for 8" scooter wheels, sawed off the original front feet and added casters. Attached 2 boom holders on the back using broom holders from the container store (elfa system) and 2" pvc caps protected in the radius of the back wheels.

11232175_10100805540921469_3665284114670922208_n.jpg

11351331_10100805540851609_5034218603066047317_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Pete, this looks great! Can you link to the wheels that you've used? Thanks!

These are the wheels I got:

https://www.pocketbikeparts.com/electric-scooter-kick-scooter-wheel-8-inch.html

They have a few other sizes, but 8" is the biggest. Site isn't the easiest to navigate, but you can find these under "Rims / Wheels" in the product index. Shipping was pretty quick 

• 1 year later...

I'm modding a Zuca bag/ cart myself so I started a facebook group where other people using Zuca products for sound can share ideas and figure out what works and what doesn't.  All are welcome. 

I personally can't wait to have a design for myself that's worthy of sharing in the gallery of sound carts one day. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1595929987382210/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Interesting. Looks a little top heavy when fully loaded. Also, and I don't mean this as a criticism, the actual ZUCA (bag) part of this cart seems to be the least significant part of the build --- supplies some storage and a base for wheels but that appears that's all it has to do. I have a ZUCA cart I purchased years ago and started to build a mini cart but never really pursued it because I was worried that everything else I would have to build onto the bag would make the ZUCA part pretty irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...