Apple commercial

Jeff Wexler

It can now be said, my son David (aka strangeloop) was part of an Apple commercial which has just been aired (so the veil of secrecy that surrounds all Apple commercials is removed). David's visuals for Flying Lotus come at the climactic end of the commercial.

Apple Pays Tribute to Sound Innovations in New Ad After Music Service Launch

On Monday, Apple debuted its “History of Sound” commercial, a tribute to 127 years of sound innovations (including a nod to Apple’s iPod products), to promote the new Apple Music service.  The spot has aired on national TV three times — once each on ABC, NBC and ESPN, according data from to iSpot — and has generated more than 129,000 online views.

Thank you. My son is amazing, has really made a name for himself, incredibly talented in some many things. He and Steve Ellison (Flying Lotus) were in Art School together and each introduced the other to what they each do best now. My son was really into electronic music and Steve was really into graphic arts and design but wanted to really get into the whole electronic music thing. He and David collaborated early on with David doing visual stuff he wanted to get intro and Steve doing the music. It's a friendship and creative partnership that has worked out beautifully for both of them.

On a different subject, curious thelza30 how you were able to use Tapatalk now. The site admin control has repeated errors coming from Tapatalk that the plug-in is installed incorrectly and Tapatalk support says it is not working and they don't know what to do about it. Go figure.

Edited by Jeff Wexler

Sometimes Tapatalk works and sometimes it doesn't. Only until this evening the timeline was updating correctly. Otherwise it was only the trending topics. The updates seem to only make things worse. I'm on a iPhone 6plus. I've been listening to flying lotus since his first EP but really took notice with his Los Angeles album. He's an extremely talented artist and musician who's really starting to break into the main stream with Kendrick . I have not been able to see his live shows as I detest crowds, even though I live in the 'Live Music Capitol of the World.' What distinguishes Steve Ellison is his taste in collaborators. Kamasi Wahington's The Epic is amazing, Thundercat has had some Great records, and of course Kendrick's new album is a classic. Basically all of those guys are pretty top notch so must be a great environment for creativity and they are really in their element right now. Very cool as a music fan to enjoy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk