Rycote Summer Social (July 7, 2015)

Rycote will be holding an evening social event on Tuesday 7th July from 7.00 pm -10.00 pm for any London-based sound recordists.

The event will be held at The Blue Anchor pub in Hammersmith, London & they will be plenty of food & liquid refreshments provided. Plus we'll bring the crew up from Stroud so you can meet some of the people who design & make the kit. Our audio designer Chris Woolf & myself will be on hand to answer any "technical" questions you may have, and demo the new smaller Cyclone kits. I'm also happy to say our good friend Helmut Wittek from Schoeps will there too to answer any questions you have too.

We have limited availability, so if you if you’d like to join us please email your RSVP to Tim Constable, E. tim@rycote.com  with “Rycote Social 2015” in the subject.

Venue:
The Blue Anchor
13 Lower Mall
Hammersmith
London, W6 9DJ

www.blueanchorlondon.com 

Cheers,
Simon

Managing Director,
Rycote Microphone Windshields Ltd

• 3 weeks later...

And very interesting it was, too. The new smaller Cyclones are neat and effective ( easily tested as the room was upstairs in a pub next to the River Thames with a strong wind blowing in through the balcony windows) and there are new smaller softie models coming for SDCs like Schoeps and Neumann mics with a very secure rubber seal to the mic body. Also on show was a prototype of a version for the Sennheiser MKH 40/50 and similar mics, with a quickly detachable basket using magnetic clips. I spent a fair amount of time with both Simon and Helmut discussing surround systems, got a very nice Rycote baseball hat that also fits my wife who immediately appropriated it (I'll need another one, Simon...) and a smart Schoeps Nextel Grey polo shirt, along with some excellent snacks and a refreshing drink or two. A great bunch of people, keen to demonstrate their products and just to chat generally. I wish more trade events were organised on such a relaxed social basis.

Thanks to Simon and Helmut and the rest of the crew for a very pleasant couple of hours.

Regards,

John