Nomad Mirroring Failure

cory

Nothing changed. Same media.

I installed 2.24 after I started having issues because it apparently resolved some mirroring issues with 2.18.

Folder name was simple date convention 150706 (as an example).

Scene (file) names were various. Some short single names or numbers, some longer with underscores.

I've reached out to Zaxcom but I don't have the time to send them the files needed right now. Just got home and am going straight to bed for another early morning.

The point is that the official release worked for me for a long time then suddenly started having issues, so it's definitely possible that official releases have bugs, just like most any other system.

The file names have been different each time. But renaming a single character on each of the offending files and then a re-mirror got the files off of the machine. 

I've done two days now with the beta version and have not had any missing files. 

Which beta version is that please?

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:

Unfortunately still experiencing problems. Here is an email from my friend. Anyone else still having this issue?

What was happening: With mirroring set to CONTINUOUS, the progress display seemed to be stuck at (100%) while rolling, and the Mirror takes advanced like normal. However, nothing was actually written to the mirror card. The mirror card and the primary were both freshly formatted, all tracks were mirror-enabled, and all the other mirroring settings were set to default. We had previously had a problem with CONTINUOUS mirroring during takes with a lot of channels record-enabled, but this time around I was having the error even with just one track armed.

Workaround: I just left mirror set to ON instead, making it so that the Nomad had to be left powered on for awhile at the end of each day in order to catch up on all of the mirroring. The mirroring progress bar would stop/freeze every time I rolled (not sure if this is a bug or by design), making mirroring only possible when nothing was being recorded to Primary. A couple of the days down there we were rolling almost constantly, so needless to say this was an inconvenience.

For starters there are too many unanswered variables. What software version was he running? What cards was he using (brand, size, speed)? How old are the cards? Did he try other cards? What file naming protocol was he using?  What sample rate was he recording? Did he try a factory restore? What exactly is "default" mirror settings? Did he save his setting so that Howy can look at them to see what exactly the problem was?

What your friend should do is contact zaxcom directly because emailing you is not going to solve his problem. And even if you contacted zaxcom for him could you answer the above questions?

I believe:

7.28 firmware or 7.41 firmware (need to double check)
cards were all approved and purchased last month 32 (transcend 133x)
other cards caused same problem
24/48 recording
factory restore was attempted

I'm going to have them update firmware and see if that fixes the issue-- thanks for the heads up Jack! (I just assumed they had the latest but it appears they don't!)