QRX235 possible ifb board failure

osa

Just got off phone with zaxcom tech support - extremely helpful in helping me troubleshoot. Camera link setup with 235. Using in record run scenario, all day yesterday was fine, fired up this morning and no tc and fib confidence return. Tested with erx and appears problem is at the qrx235 ifb board. No longer transmitting signal. Tech support confirmed the ifb board is screwed in, so no real chance of it coming loose. Have to send in. 

Only use rec run with this client. If i understand correctly, time of day tc is embedded when sent from camera link, so i am ok in normal link operations just no ifb return. In line for an rx200 as soon as those hit the streets so i can send it in then. In the meantime, anyone have any ideas on further troubleshooting? 

-Ken

It's a long shot, but did you try going into the factory menu to confirm the IFB mode is set to TX. I have a TRX992 that wouldn't receive an IFB feed and I figured it out by going to the secret menu (press down six times on the lock screen) and setting it from TX only to RX. Obviously in your case it would be to TX only with TX to RX disabled.

It's a long shot, but did you try going into the factory menu to confirm the IFB mode is set to TX. I have a TRX992 that wouldn't receive an IFB feed and I figured it out by going to the secret menu (press down six times on the lock screen) and setting it from TX only to RX. Obviously in your case it would be to TX only with TX to RX disabled.

correct i did confirm 235 is set to tx, and CL is set to rx. And also corresponding tx/rx channels. CL is showing:

IFB MODE:RX

RXED BLOCKS: 000

erx set to same channel as 235 shows no recep and red light  

CL does receive ifb signal from my talent qrx100 w qifb when i switch the CL rx freq to match the qrx100 tx  so CL seems to be in good shape

-Ken

correct i did confirm 235 is set to tx, and CL is set to rx. And also corresponding tx/rx channels. CL is showing:

IFB MODE:RX

RXED BLOCKS: 000

erx set to same channel as 235 shows no recep and red light  

CL does receive ifb signal from my talent qrx100 w qifb when i switch the CL rx freq to match the qrx100 tx  so CL seems to be in good shape

-Ken

As i am staring at the camera w 235 attached, just thought of 2 things:

-hdx900 w hirose switched power - would the switched power to the qrx be a possible cuprit?

-hdx has a bolt tx attached but 12" away from my qrx towards front of camera (my qrx is at the back). Could the bolt possibly fry something? It is not interfering. The qrx when removed during mos b roll would not transmit ifb no matter what i tried

-Ken

In the extended menu of the QRX there is a menu setting "QIFB ENABLE" make sure that is turned on. That actually powers up the IFB. If this is off your IFB board is actually turned off.

thanks jack. IFB ENABLE: YES so i am good there too. Is there a chance that if there was a problem with the board not being recognized would this option still be available? I dont have a qrx without qifb to check

-Ken

Updated latest qrx firmware and qifb firmware in 2 seperate steps, no success. Funny though it did receive the qifb update successfully which must mean the ifb board is ok, just not transmitting no matter what i try. Gonna take it apart and look for any sign of something not connected properly. Will be calling zaxcom tech support to see if it will require me to send it in. They are great at walking me through every possible trouble shooting step. Its such a weird thing where on a multi day job, one day it worked perfectly, next morning ifb return was gone without changing a single setting. I might still try to ride out not having ifb function until i get a rx200 this month (hopefully?)

-Ken