Boom Recorder Getting Rid of the patch bay

Yea, I got a LG 21:9 2650x1080 monitor it is really nice for gaming as it adds some peripheral vision.

Also because I play lots of MMO games which have lots of windows, the windows can go on the side and you can still play the actual game at the same time. Which is also true for 3D modelling where all the tools go to the side.

MIDI control is a good idea but the avail midi controllers aren't very inspiring.  Eucon?   For film/cart/very porto work it is necessary to be able to get what one needs on a small screen, ie laptop or small monitor.  I'm not thrilled with the "dot" idea, the JoeCo meters (3 dots) I'm used to now so that's ok, but with a computer screen I think you could prob do better.  

p

+1 for MIDI control. I use a Metric Halo interface, and the Mio Console's Record Panel is very useful but lacks the comprehensive features/metadata of Boom Recorder. Implementation of midi control would certainly push me to experiment with Boom Recorder. Edit: support for newer protocols like OSC or Eucon would also be welcome!

AU support would be cool. Prefer big meters to dots.

Edited by Nathaniel Robinson

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading up and watching Apple's WWDC videos. I think I will start from scratch with my new application, not sure how to call it though.

I am thinking of making a document-based application; meaning that each project you do is a separate document that will be stored with all the audio files. You can simply open this document to start Boom Recorder and continue where you have left off when you were working on that project. A document is a a bunch of mixer/input/output/audiounits/metadata/timecode/recording-widgets that you can place free form on a canvas, similar to the omni-graffle drawing program. 

You will be able to open two documents at once and copy a set of widgets from one document to another. But only one document can be active at a time, i.e. only one document can be connected to the audio interface(s).

You will also be able to save a template of pre configured widgets. This is useful for saving a certain setup that is shared between multiple projects. When you change settings of the widgets that are in the template, it will share these changes in all the documents that use the template.

One last thing, I will also add auxiliary windows, which are extra windows that show a view of the canvas, you can place these windows on other screens, so we will have proper multi-(full)-screen support.

• 9 months later...
On 7/11/2015 at 4:35 AM, takev said:

I've been reading up and watching Apple's WWDC videos. I think I will start from scratch with my new application, not sure how to call it though.

I am thinking of making a document-based application; meaning that each project you do is a separate document that will be stored with all the audio files. You can simply open this document to start Boom Recorder and continue where you have left off when you were working on that project. A document is a a bunch of mixer/input/output/audiounits/metadata/timecode/recording-widgets that you can place free form on a canvas, similar to the omni-graffle drawing program. 

You will be able to open two documents at once and copy a set of widgets from one document to another. But only one document can be active at a time, i.e. only one document can be connected to the audio interface(s).

You will also be able to save a template of pre configured widgets. This is useful for saving a certain setup that is shared between multiple projects. When you change settings of the widgets that are in the template, it will share these changes in all the documents that use the template.

One last thing, I will also add auxiliary windows, which are extra windows that show a view of the canvas, you can place these windows on other screens, so we will have proper multi-(full)-screen support.

This sounds great Take. 

On 4/14/2016 at 7:10 AM, FLIPSTER said:

This sounds great Take. 

There are many changes I would love to see implemented in BR, however when I spoke to Take earlier this year about a project I'm using BR for, he told me this rewrite of the software isn't likely to happen, and he has other projects he is focusing on.  Never say never, but seems not very likely.

• 4 months later...