Mackie FreePlay Personal PA

Jeff Wexler

I purchased the Roland Street Cube EX for myself... a bit more straightforward traditional layout, ability to operate as stereo pairs if needed and more comprehensive line input abilities.

wow.. that video is awful.  some panel pics...

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 8.08.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 8.08.20 AM.png

Edited by Tom Visser

Might like to consider the Behringer MPA40BT for half the price, has worked well for one exterior playback party scene job for me so far, only needed about a quarter of the volume it could provide, and 8-10 hours from built in battery.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MPA40BT.aspx

With 35mm speaker stand provision.

It's a Neata 12v 5ah lead acid battery behind the removable bottom panel.

http://www.neatabattery.com.cn/product/931880382-800586005/lead_acid_battery_charger_12v_5_0ah.html

http://www.upsbatterycenter.com/neata-nt12-5a-battery

Edited by pindrop

Thank you Jeff for sharing. Really good concept, and Mackie is known for good quality so I guess this would be rugged enough to cope with the location recording world.

I think it looks a little bit ... frightening. Like a part of a battle spaceship. Audience might get afraid if this was put on a tripod. ;-)

Hey, Tom, I've been looking very closely at the Roland Cube you posted --- very straightforward, traditional control and pretty good sounding. I like the conventional look of it over the Mackie (which is rather over-stylish just to call attention to itself) and also not so fond of Mackie digital setup routines (and IU know that you prefer one knob, one function, etc., which is what I prefer as well).

I think the Mackie is a worthy addition and is to be considered, but thank you (and others) for posting a few more alternatives.

I looked at the Mackie when it was first announced, but ended up going with a couple Samson 106 units instead.

Glad to see some options out there in addition to a Foxtex. Most have some serious battery life and good volume levels. For years I've been using a couple Anchor AN1000x for live sound reinforcement (and also have a Liberty pair as well), but have found the Samson 106 to be the go-to these days.

small size,decent volume,rechargable and bluetooth.

very attractive.

I could've used this on set today for the directors iphone music.the mini anchor was fine but no bluetooth and its generally not great for music fidelity.

This comes up all the time for directors to play music on set. I'm going to investigate it further. 4 days and it's paid off.

CrewC