Mikme - Yet Another Crowd-Funded Wireless Recording Mic

sarcanon

OMG we're all doomed, 96Khz as well! .....wang a small box down, press a button, and there it is, studio quality for 3 hours. :)

"Audio can be baffling, challenging and expensive. If you aren’t sure what you’re doing, you end up with sound that is akin to hearing a conversation through a tin can in a Miami club. “Good” audio equipment is expensive and doesn’t guarantee results. Well, that was the case until Mikme."

Edited by pindrop

Looks like it's got a large diaphragm capsule in it from the pictures. I'm not sure what to make of all of this. Interesting that there are 2 competing products already (or soon to be) on the market. Must be a perceived need out there for such a product. Outide of the bluetooth connection however, how is this better than a $200 Zoom?

Some time back I started making a list of all the steps I (or the crew when I have one) need to accomplish on set prior to even recording the first sound.  So far I haven't finished the list as I stopped writing after two pages.  If a $200, one button device can replace what we do, I'll enjoy sitting back to watch the pigs fly.  Not unsurprising was that nowhere on the list was worrying about whether some Ronco device was going to supplant me.

"Audio can be baffling, challenging and expensive. If you aren’t sure what you’re doing, you end up with sound that is akin to hearing a conversation through a tin can in a Miami club. “Good” audio equipment is expensive and doesn’t guarantee results. Well, that was the case until Mikme."

I would add, "that was the case until you just hired somebody who knew what they were doing."

How does this ride levels? How does this avoid wind noise? How does this avoid clothing noise? How does this prevent clipping? How will this overcome bad mic placement? How does this avoid EQ problems, or room reverb problems, or tell you there's hum and noise in parts of the room?

I get very frustrated when people believe that a technological solution will give them the results they're looking for. Much too often, it's a people problem, where they just have to hire the right person who knows far more about sound than they do. 

I want a T-shirt where the front side says: "Everybody knows bad sound when they hear it." And the back says: "But very few know how to get good sound."

Edited by Marc Wielage