Transmitter options for use with Lectrosonics SRA?

JimKeaney

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here. I've googled my question and it brought me back here, but still haven't found a definitive answer...
Can anyone confirm or deny if Lectrosonics UM700's, UM400's, UM200's TX's (or any others) will work okay with a Lectrosonics SRA5p RX? On the same Block # (of course). I'm trying to put together a decent, yet inexpensive camera hop. I know the SRA5 manual states there is a compatibility mode switchable for hybrid lectro's (which I believe the 400 series is... yes?), and specific modes for 100 & 200 series. So where do the 700 series transmitters fall into this equation?

Follow-up question: If the UM700's do work with SRA5, are they any good? They're the cheapest of the models.

Thanks
-Jim

Edited by JimKeaney

700's will not work with the SR. (I think its encrypted?) 400s, LT, LM all of the SM versions will work and 200s will work.

And just a suggestion, I would have the Fanatics at Lectro upgrade your SR"A" to and "B". You will find that it performs a lot better than the A.

Thanks for the response. Care to share your opinion on where the srA comes up short against the newer B?

in my experiences, working in RF congested areas, the "A" did not perform nearly as well as it has since the upgrade. In a known good block, I had a lot of drop outs..and had to constantly scan and change freqs to resolve issues. Now I realize there are many issues that can factor into good RF results. But I will also say that since the upgrade and on my other two SRb's I do not have these issues.

I don't exactly know the technical aspect, but from what I understand the difference is all in the RF modulation...HUGE improvement! Totally worth it!

Thanks to everyone for the helpful info. I've contacted Jerry and will do the B upgrade soon. 

I'm now on the look-out for a pair of Lectro 200 or 400 series Block 22 tx if anyone has any leads. 

Go for the 400a's if you can. If you search the forum, there was an issue with the "B" and the 200 not sounding the greatest? I can't remember, but either way, I'd go with 400a's anyway because they are still in production.

http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/16763-lectro-200c-into-srb-issues/

Go with the 400a's

Edited by mradlauer

Go for the 400a's if you can. If you search the forum, there was an issue with the "B" and the 200 not sounding the greatest? I can't remember, but either way, I'd go with 400a's anyway because they are still in production.

http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/16763-lectro-200c-into-srb-issues/

Go with the 400a's

Thanks again! Very valuable info. 400's it is.