edwar64896

Lavalier wiring for P48 XLR

Has anyone got a wiring diagram that will allow me to terminate a Cos 11D or M142 directly to a 3-pin XLR allowing the mic to be powered from +48v phantom?

Thanks,

mark

The best way to accomplish that is to wire it for a wireless tx I.E. Lectro or Sennheiser and use an XLR power supply by Ambient or PSC. The alternative is to purchase a hardwired Lav and have a usual suspect wire an adapter in line with the power supply. Feel free to PM me for details. 

Edited by MRWsound

I am a +1 for the ambient. Rewiring the mic so it works with phantom limits its ability to be used with a TX. I own and love the ambient emuels...they work great and serve to increase the flexibility of that mic.

They are like $100 but totally worth itt!

Edited by mradlauer

Many thanks for the suggestions. Some more context is warranted. Firstly I love the emuels - have two myself. What I also have is a bunch of older lavs that I will never again use with wireless TX and want to make use of them as car rig mics. I can wire and solder no problem but am really wondering how best to deal with 48 to 5v stepdown in an XLR wiring. Emuels are great but the aussie dollar has tanked so these are likely to be AU$200+ in the future and I reckon I can get this done much more affordably if I put my mind to it.

Thx

Mark.

rode makes an XLR adapter fro their lava which is kinda cheap...

never compared the sound quality to an eumel but for cheap experiments it seems like a good start to me.

chris