Terradek Cube

giancarlo

Is anyone using terradek cube, with iOS devices I'd like the option to use it with the movie slate app on doco shoots or lightweight bag rigs, do I need a composite and Sadi version to cover all instances etc

I was also wondering if the latency, connectivity issues are any better than when the system was first announced a few years back , which model are people thinking is the most versatile or are there better alternatives 

many thanks in advance

Giancarlo Dellapina AMPS

I had one and also the smaller version of it ( can't remember the name but made for drones ). Latency is pretty noticeable when combined with non delayed audio making it hard to look at. 

Range gel is pretty decent but definetly not constant, many many variable affect the system rf side and makes it fairly unstable. 

Also to take into consideration is the fact that unless you leave the Idevice on and logged in at all time, it's a pain to have to relog every time. That's something that is much better with the smaller unit but still far from good. 

I ultimatly sold both unit because I could not make them work with an Alexa video feed. Changed all kinds of settings, used two different converters and still no joy...

now on all fiction set I'm on, they use Bolts ( Teradek ) and they are really terrible. We loose so much time having to wait for the system to acquire the signal, rebooting etc.. They also mess around with wireless receivers in some situation. 

Many two cents.