Tape/Scissors carrier...

Jeremiah Sheets

What are you using?
I've been using a small gutted CD case to carry around my tape and scissors. I like it because it's compact and soft enough to squish down a little in a case. It works okay, but nothing is secure within. This became a problem on a recent job involving a sail boat in some rocky waters. Time to move on.

Thanks.

I use a soft sided pouch that I got for free with a backpack purchase from O'Neil. Apparently it was for surfboard wax. It was such a rare but perfect find. Other sound mixers have commented on how cool it was and that one day it might "disappear" if i am not careful. Fits small scissors, precut moleskin and tape perfectly plus a few other accessories and I can put it in the front pouch of my mixer bag  

The closest I could find that is of similar size is little make up bags sold in Walgreens and CVS in the makeup department. However it is really hard to find one that is not pink with gold sparkles or the like. If you come across a black or grey one like this or similar it may be ideal for what you're looking for.

-Ken

Try the first aid section of your bigger chemist. I have seen first aid kits/pouches that are designed/included to hold small medical scissors, tape etc, they usually have separate pockets. Recently I threw out one that folded in three and fitted in your back pocket. Alas I never thought of it for this purpose. 

I've been looking for a case for carrying multiple lavs and their accessories (still no luck finding exactly what I have in mind) but in my searches I've noticed that travel stores have some decent cases in various sizes that zip up and have multiple pockets/zips/etc.. Might be worth a look...

I use a tactical fanny pack from The North Face. My bag only holds my recording and wireless equipment to keep the weight down. Problem I was having with the front pockets is the weight is furthest from your body so it's leveraged. Not a big deal for tape. Big deal for extra batteries and stuff.