Disappearing files

Had a strange one today with my Fusion.  I had set the mirror to continuous and happily watched the files being mirrored. When we split rushes the DIT. said that the card was showing just over half a gig of data but there wasn't a file to be seen on the card. I tried to mirror another card (new) with the same result.  After the lunch break the card I used on the next segment mirrored without any problem. I re-mirrored the missing segment twelve hours later and it was faultless. Anyone throw any light on why this might have occurred? I must mention that whilst not a believer in any way we are filming in a large manor house that is reputed to have a ghost.

I would guess that it may be something to do with the folder name. 
or at least how your deva initially created the folder to mirror, as i assume that you wouldnt have chosen a folder name that was blank or started with an underscore or something similar that might be used by a computer to denote system files that would normally be hidden.

if you take the initial card that had data and no files, and worked out how to view the hidden files, they would be in one of the hidden folders.

bet the DIT has a mac.

if it is a mac, get them to hit Apple + F, then in the first drop down menu on the top left, select visibility, and the next drop down select visible and invisible, then search for a filename, and it should take you too the folder where your hidden files are. if you have the status bar enabled (apple + /) you can see the enclosing folder, and if you click on that folder, you can then drag all the files to a more visible folder.

or Baba Yaga is messing with you.