Jesse Flaitz

Alexa Mini TC sync

82 posts in this topic

Is the Alexa Mini TC in connector the same as the one on the studio Alexa, the Nagra, Sound Devices, etc? Having read this thread 3x I still see contradictory answers.

28 minutes ago, Daniel McIntosh said:

Is the Alexa Mini TC in connector the same as the one on the studio Alexa, the Nagra, Sound Devices, etc? Having read this thread 3x I still see contradictory answers.

Yes

1 hour ago, Daniel McIntosh said:

it's the audio in which is special, the timecode connector is standard.

yes it's standard lemo timecode connector. But it's in a really awkward position, therefore a right angled one would be great to have, if the angle comes out in the correct orientation.

#: 81   Posted (edited)

On 26 Sep 2016 at 11:26 PM, soundpod said:

yes it's standard lemo timecode connector. But it's in a really awkward position, therefore a right angled one would be great to have, if the angle comes out in the correct orientation.

I think the only angle that really would make sense is horizontally to the right left (when looked from the back of the camera), i.e. so it goes over the fan - if it goes up, or right, it extends outside of the body, downwards it will cover the card slot.

As Jim noted, most shoots where absolute compactness is not needed will leave room to the back to open the card slot anyway, so a straight connector works well in those cases.

Edited by chrismedr
clarification on orientation

I only have the  one orientation of the Lemo and I have yet to plug into the camera. So, i'm not sure of the pin 1 position. I was told that there was only one orientation the connector but that was from the supplier.