Schoeps CMC6 + MK41 on a Lectro HM Combo

filmfreak

Is anyone using this combo with success ?

No reason why it would not work, I 'll be using a Rycote WS4 suspensions and I will have to hire without the chance to test prior to that.

Reason I am asking is that Schoeps and Lectros are known for introducing occasional whines and can't remember somebody discussing the specific setup here.

Best

I'm not aware of the whine issue you mentioned, but the earlier UH200D had a powering issue that Lectro solved with the addition of a 500 ohm resistor.  I imagine the HM series long since has it well sorted out, but a call to the fanatics in New Mexico should put your mind at ease is that regard. 

Also, if the Schopes CMC6 is of the newer vintage (available for several years now) RF issues have been minimized.  The improved version is obvious as it has a gold ground plane surrounding the pins in the XLR connector.

Thank you for getting back to me John and Wandering Ear

The issue I was talking about was clearly RF from the HM, thank you for correcting me.
I remember threads on RF interference on CNC5 units and there was even somebody offering mod upgrades from CNC5 to CNC6 units.
Thanks for justifying that there are no issues with an HM and a CNC6 / MK41 combo.

I will give the fanatics a call too.

Best
A