Bag/cart hybrid.

pvanstry

He guys, here is my new little cart. Still is a work in progress but really happy with it. Centered around a 688/Cl6 with an Octopack and 4 SRB. Had a bracket made that attaches to the Octopack and gives me attachment  point le for my two monitors and two antenna points ( when I go bag mode. ). Everything powers up from two NP1 hooked via a PSC mini triple play power star. Using it on a drama series. It's been a joy. 

The he concept is really the hybrid bag/cart setup. Super small, battery powered, same power as a full cart. I believe it is a great way of working. 

Pascal

image.thumb.jpg.e90e9cbedfe2e8bbe4fb17e0image.thumb.jpg.15ee37fce251ba342f61cc97image.thumb.jpg.c29ff3d3eb05054d3810dd21image.thumb.jpg.f5ce364177032776165a53f6image.thumb.jpg.f5ce364177032776165a53f6image.thumb.jpg.85caa2551fe4512ffa110f0dimage.thumb.jpg.fcd536edebd8f9abe9353d31

image.jpg

Very nice indeed, any chance of a list of parts please?

I was just looking for some cart handles, (ideally fold down ones, but that'd be a luxury) and the only ones I could find where Magliner spares (non-foldable), anyone else seen anything like this? The slight advantage of Magliner ones is that they're not at right angles so when the cart is tilted they're at a better angle.

http://www.magliner.com/rh-grip-assembly

Scrnsht-_2015-08-10_at_10.54.52.thumb.jp

It is indeed pretty minimalist. But I love it that way. 688 is almighty I have to say. 

As far as price goes, 8020 is ridiculously pricey. Cart ( meaning wheels, shelves, folding bracket and 8020 parts ) was 1000$!!!!

i could have had a simple aluminum frame welded for the same end result and for far less ( maybe 200$ ). But I am super happy with it. 

Looks Great Pascall!  Hope you don't have to wear the rig too much....

I am using the exact same mounting technique for my monitors.  Love to find something similar but made of metal..  I fear they will just snap off in the cold weather....  

Edited by johngooch

super neat! I like your approach. Does your cat like it too?

looking for a similar bag/cart style myself but much more cable mess all the time ;-)

I guess to push it, you grab the Antenna masts, and rest them on your shoulders, right? And the front wheels, do they move circular or just straight?

That price seems really high for a minimal cart like that.  Are you ordering from 8020 directly?  My recent cart design wasn't crazy, but had a lot more 8020 than that, including some machining for the fasteners etc, and it was just under $800.  Cart looks really great.  I love the bicycle water bottle cage drink holder.  I might copy that idea for mine.

Where did you get the folding shelf brackets?  Are they sturdy?  I've been planning a collapsable shelf addition to my cart, and those brackets look good.

For the price, remember that the Canadian dollar is currently worthless... Plus I ordered I bit more then needed since it was the first time. 

For or the folding bracket, I got them from Amazon, they are made of stainless steel, super sturdy and will hold 150lbs each. 

• 1 year later...
On 07/06/2017 at 0:31 PM, thunderfm said:

I'd also love to see more details on how you mounted the wheels and what wheels they are. I was planning on making a little zuca all-terrain style cart and I'm struggling to find out how to mount the wheels.

Zuca already make an all terrain version here https://www.zuca.com/All-Terrain so should not need to mount new wheels. They may also offer a conversion kit if you own one of the original design?

10210.jpg