WINDOWS 10 WAV FILE CORRUPTIONS

Reid

Sorry to Yell but.....   It seems Windows 10 is corrupting WAV files on the source card. If this is widely known I will delete this post immediately. It is news to me. I am using approved, 633 formatted cards. When I load cards up on Windows 10 they show encrypted. If I switch to my MacBook Pro they show encrypted. If I put them back on the 633 they are unreadable.  

There is a Windows 10 thread that discusses this towards the end but I want to make sure it is up front on the forum. If there is a fix please let me know. 

Edited by Reid

I think probably Jaymz's suggestion is the safest at this point. Courtney did post a potential fix (which Courtney found somewhere and I am re-posting here) if there are those who have to use Windows 10.

Note: this fix has not been verified to be a total fix

"Media player cannot differentiate between a media player and any other portable device so the only viable method I have found to deal with this issue is to diasble the autosync enirely.

This will also stop Win7 from auto-syncing images and everything else but you will still be able to manually transfer files to and from your media players and cameras and no important Win7 functionilty is impaired.

Click Start and then Run... (Or the shortcut is Windows key + R)
Type "Services.msc" and press Enter
Scroll down to "Portable Device Enumerator Service"
Double click and change "Startup Type" to "Disabled".

To return your system to normal simply change "Startup Type" back to "Automatic"

Edited by Jeff Wexler

• 3 months later...