Freight rates & other things

Rob Stalder

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob,

A very nice collection of well implemented designs, as always.

I notice, on your cart with the rack mount cases, that you seem to be using the Euromodule cases. They are not readily available here in the states but look very attractive from what I've been able to learn of them. They seem to be a bit smaller than the equivalent product from SKB. Chinhda and I are considering using them in a rack-case design he is working on. Am I correct, are you using Euromodule cases? Can you tell me anything about them?

David Waelder

Hello David, thank you.

Yes they are Euromodule cases.

Unfortunately we dont have SKB on tap as you do and they need to be imported along with all the air inside them. Euromodule on the other hand are truly a flat pack (like Ikea) and can be shipped relatively cheaply anywhere in the world. They have rack strips front & rear which was a consideration. Also they have four corner feet which when stacked go into reciprocating holes on the top of the case under them. I put holes in the shelves of the cart for the feet to go in & they were held down with side straps - & never moved, even when you tipped the cart hard over.

They are also modular in their construction allowing you to change their height by adding or subtracting a section at any time, relative to your current needs.

As to their size difference with SKB, I cant help. I made 4 for Peter Swan  www.videoassist.com.au  I am sure he would be happy to answer any pertinent questions for you, he is a very affable bloke. Email him from his website, I will let him know you might have a question.

Rob Stalder

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

We now support payment by credit card - albeit Mastercard & Visa card.

You will need an ID/Invoice from us to enter in the payment page'

The payment page is a secure page hosted by "Secure Pay" a business run by Australia Post.

I hope this facility will ease the strain of doing business with us.

If you choose you will still be able to pay by direct debit to our bank account.

http://www.rastorder.com.au/products.htm

Rob Stalder,

RastOrder

• 2 years later...

Then I am sure that all of us here on JWS wish you the smoothest of journeys, and that all goes well and works to your best advantage. Now - stop playing on the interweb and get welding.....

As an aside, and for all  those cart junkies out there...... Stuart is cutting and joining metal for me at the moment, and I think the results are going to be awesome. I will post a photo or two soon.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

• 4 months later...

Well we uplifted RastOrder and us out of Sydney on Monday 2nd November - (finally) I am back here cleaning up & will be gone by Fri.

It is right up there with some of the worst shoots I have been on.

But like a lot of those worst shoots, you only remember the best parts & this will be the same.

So 10 Su carts, 10 VK carts, 10 Mb carts and 20 Foldups are being made for me by a sophisticated metal fabrication company.

I will have to finish up about 10% of each cart.

They will be available from us early in the new year (to be determined), from somewhere around Canberra.

The web site will be updated.

Best,

Rob stalder

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stalder. Let us know what your new contact details are for Rastorder once you get your feet on the ground. Now imagine what its been like to relocate what is now Aerial Marine Media from Adelaide to Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and now Kuala Lumpur.    

Operating with Lawrence Chick Sound and his Rastorder kart again this week......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its now March... I have found a place to work in.

Its in the countryside between Goulburn, NSW & Canberra, ACT.

As you can see from the picture I have started to move in, but it will be a few weeks before I can actually start working on carts.

I will have some Mb carts finished.

I have just picked up 10 VK carts and am expecting 10 Su carts in a few weeks.

After the SU's will come 20 Foldups.

VK, SU & Foldup carts will need to be finished off and powder coated.

Best,

Rob Stalder

2 RastOrder_L.B. workshop_02_reduced.jpg

hello Simon, no secret manufacturing equipment here.

Have attached the bigger picture, this shed is 18mtrs by 7mtrs. It may not be my forever workshop but it is in a very nice environment.

The owner had the shed set up as a museum and there was a vintage car rotating on the turntable.

Not sure if I can utilise it as successfully...

Rob

5 RastOrder_L.B. workshop_05 - resized.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2015 at 8:12 AM, Laurie K Gilbert said:

Hey Stalder. Let us know what your new contact details are for Rastorder once you get your feet on the ground. Now imagine what its been like to relocate what is now Aerial Marine Media from Adelaide to Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and now Kuala Lumpur.    

Operating with Lawrence Chick Sound and his Rastorder kart again this week......

Hey Laurie, nice to see you here too ...,

Yes and Rastorder's cart has been serving me well ever since it arrived here in Kuala Lumpur.

Best Regards,

Lawrence Chick

• 1 month later...

Well the fat whoever hasn't sung yet, but we are open again.

Its been a long road.

Have stock of Foldups & Mb carts.

Still working on VK & SU - been a bit of a hiccup translating specifications to the manufacturing company, no doubt you've

all had this problem.  Its just that I had hoped that by dealing with me I could make your path to cart ownership a little simpler.

Best,

Rob Stalder

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...