K-Tek Now shipping the Stingray Junior!

dfisk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's sad..i would have love this for my new nomad bag..

It can't be built into the larger bags because they are concave against the body and have a mesh backing to help keep your body cool. We could look into making a separate accessory that would work, though. 

-Physics - The more weight you put further away from your body the more physical work your body has to do. Having the main storage compartment out front makes the bag more front heavy. This is not good. The idea with the Stingray bags is to keep as much weight up close to your body as possible.

Im always fretting about the lever arm length of the torque equation.

Im out in the field right now with a 664/Stingray set-up, and Im very glad ya'll fretted about it too. Go wide baby, go wide !

best,

Steven

The internal dimension is listed as 8.67 x 3.55, what I'm asking is will that dimension fit into the top opening, or is that the size of the cavity and if you had a device that big, it would only load into the bag when disassembled?

The internal dimension is listed as 8.67 x 3.55, what I'm asking is will that dimension fit into the top opening, or is that the size of the cavity and if you had a device that big, it would only load into the bag when disassembled?

Those are the internal dimensions measured from wall to wall on the inside of the bag. I'm afraid I don't understand the second part of what you are asking. Do you have a specific piece of gear you want to put in the bag? 

Those are the internal dimensions measured from wall to wall on the inside of the bag. I'm afraid I don't understand the second part of what you are asking. Do you have a specific piece of gear you want to put in the bag? 

I'm just trying to figure out how much gear width can be slid in / out of the bag, without disassembling, top load style.

I'm just trying to figure out how much gear width can be slid in / out of the bag, without disassembling, top load style.

I'm sorry. I'm still not following you. What are you needing to disassemble? Are you talking about having your recievers wired up to your recorder?  

I'm sorry. I'm still not following you. What are you needing to disassemble? Are you talking about having your recievers wired up to your recorder?  

I'm looking for this width shown below, thinking about utilizing as an auxiliary pack for mostly wireless yes, but in a custom sled - not individual units.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_8.29.23_AM.thu

• 3 weeks later...

Still anxious to see a picture of this with a dashboard holding 2-3 SRb's

Bueller... Bueller...

We've had a chance to test it out with the dashboard and the dashboard is too large for Junior. We really intended this bag to be slim and tight so there is enough room for recievers above the 633/Maxx, and that's it. You really don't need the dashboard with Junior since you can do 2-3 SRB's as it is right now. If you want to use the Dashboard with the Stingray Small, you can. 

Edited by dfisk