dfisk

K-Tek Now shipping the Stingray Junior!

80 posts in this topic

Finally saw this bag in person today. It's truly beautiful.

Glad you like it, Jose!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump.

I'd really love to see see either the Maxx or 633 with two or three SRbs or 411s in the main compartment. I'm thinking about using this bag for my Maxx along with a pair of wideband Lectro dual channel units when they eventually come out. I'm assuming they'll be roughly the size of the SRb or 411. For now I'm using a pair of LRs in the original Stingray to get me by.

Photos from users!!! :P

I'm also curious if the waist belt is suitable for light and short running with this bag, or if a harness is still advisable. Not happy with the Orca harness. The new K-Tek harness looks really nice, but possibly overkill for such a small bag. However I need to be able to move quickly in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, BoomBoom.

So will even one 411 fit or is the space too thin (front to back) for that sized shell?

I wish everyone would post more (any) pics. I loved to promo video Ktek put out, but had the same issue as most of you, it didn't show the bag loaded up in any configuration and should show several.

That's where we come in I guess--The Theta testers.

I really rely on this forum as I don't have a store to sample gear before purchasing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the the video has too many quick cuts and is too flashy to be of much use. Super cool teaser video, as we all want to know more and I'll probably end up picking it up, but I'd love to see them release a more ... boring video showing a good variety of application.

I was able to find a couple more pictures on Facebook after searching around. It looked like it all fits pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can go with two 411s in main compartment, then two more in front. There is indeed elastic "parkings" inside both compartments; two in each. But I've seen pictures of some guys "cheating" probably by ignoring the elastics inside and using velcro for three SRx in the main compartment BUT it wouldn't fit (three 411s on a row) in the front compartment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This bag looks awesome! I'm just wondering if my 2 411, 1 SRb and 633 would fit in the main pocket. I currently own an Orca OR30 and managed to put the 3 recievers next to each other and attached with velcro the the 633. I really like how tidy and pratical it is and i'd love to get the same setup with a less large bag (body to front pocket) and also lighter.

I read that people already fit 3 SRb but i'm wondering if my setup will fit. By adding  the dimensions of the recievers and the internal dimension of the bag it looks like it's gonna be a very snug fit but i'm being positive and keep hope! I unfortunately can't have the bag before me to test since i don't have any shop where i live so i'm wondering if someone already tried this setup?

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ben B said:

This bag looks awesome! I'm just wondering if my 2 411, 1 SRb and 633 would fit in the main pocket. I currently own an Orca OR30 and managed to put the 3 recievers next to each other and attached with velcro the the 633. I really like how tidy and pratical it is and i'd love to get the same setup with a less large bag (body to front pocket) and also lighter.

I read that people already fit 3 SRb but i'm wondering if my setup will fit. By adding  the dimensions of the recievers and the internal dimension of the bag it looks like it's gonna be a very snug fit but i'm being positive and keep hope! I unfortunately can't have the bag before me to test since i don't have any shop where i live so i'm wondering if someone already tried this setup?

Ben

Hi Ben, 

I think 633 and two sr is what you can squeeze in. If you push it maybe a third. The screw ears might land on top of 633 which should be fine as you only have the solo and pan buttons/knobs there. Only two 411s would fit.  But again, you are stretching the bag there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the infos. I could also have 2 reciever in the main pocket and the third in the front pocket. I saw this picture on a K-tek singapor facebook group and i thought that the extra 2 cm room on the right side of the SRb would be enough to fit the size difference between a SRb and a 411 (I'm not talking about the nomad who's way to big to be used properly in that bag).

12651347_552196531620974_1054652667628098343_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben B said:

Thanks for the infos. I could also have 2 reciever in the main pocket and the third in the front pocket. I saw this picture on a K-tek singapor facebook group and i thought that the extra 2 cm room on the right side of the SRb would be enough to fit the size difference between a SRb and a 411 (I'm not talking about the nomad who's way to big to be used properly in that bag).

12651347_552196531620974_1054652667628098343_n.jpg

Whoa, I thought I was the only knucklehead that jammed a Nomad into a Stingray Jr. 

I only use it for lightweight run and gun days with one QRX100, I have a Stingray Medium for days that require more than two channels of wireless. My back definitely appreciates the almost two pound difference at the end of the day, and I have a weird thing with carrying around a bag that has too much open space for no reason.

 

I did email K-Tek recently about making a Nomad compatible Stingray Jr, haven't heard any sort of response yet. Maybe if others feel like it would be useful to their workflow let K-Tek know and get the wheels turning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i just received my new Stingray junior. I managed to fit my 633, 2 411, 1 SRb, 1 G3 as Cam hop, Hawkwood NP1 with distro for the whole kit. It's a very tight fit but i fits! I have a good access to the media door and battery swapping from underneath is a breeze. The only down part (well at least the part i'm the less happy about) is the placement of the G3 Tx. It's in the right pocket and i would have liked to have it in the open compartment but i chose to store my headphones when not in use, in the front pocket. Maybe i'll change after a couple days of this new set up.

So far so good, it's pretty light and compact, close to my body which means less momentum on my back.

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this bag, and the maxx, to act as my small kit. Love it. Still figuring out cable distro and where to put the np-1 (awkwardly in that front compartment in this picture). Had my first real job running around with it today and I feel great - compared to the Nomad and Orca combo I was running out, even for a boom and a lav kind of job, it's a back-saver.

IMG_1354.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, austinmplocher said:

Just got this bag, and the maxx, to act as my small kit. Love it. Still figuring out cable distro and where to put the np-1 (awkwardly in that front compartment in this picture). Had my first real job running around with it today and I feel great - compared to the Nomad and Orca combo I was running out, even for a boom and a lav kind of job, it's a back-saver.

Cool Austin! Help out my ignorant self. Is that a Stingray Junior, Stingray Small, or something else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for stingray junior. There are only 2 things I would change.... :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the sting ray Jr for sitting down and I love it. But if I am running around I use a lite kustom bag.

 

a bag should not weight as much as the gear in it. I personally don't understand why everybody makes heavy bags build like a tank. Our gear is strong enough to handle it but our backs are not.

my 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2016 at 2:28 PM, Jim Feeley said:

Cool Austin! Help out my ignorant self. Is that a Stingray Junior, Stingray Small, or something else? 

Thanks Jim, it's a junior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

I use the sting ray Jr for sitting down and I love it. But if I am running around I use a lite kustom bag.

 

a bag should not weight as much as the gear in it. I personally don't understand why everybody makes heavy bags build like a tank. Our gear is strong enough to handle it but our backs are not.

my 2 cents

+1 

If you have an integrated recorder+TRX system you're laughing. But folks using the separate boxes, cables and connectors of a normal system need something sturdy to hold it all together. Lighter boxes, cables and connectors would help and the bags could be lighter. It'd be nice to see boxes with some threaded (M5 & 1/4") holes here and there - being able to physically connect the boxes mean bags with less structure or no bags at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, daniel said:

+1 

If you have an integrated recorder+TRX system you're laughing. But folks using the separate boxes, cables and connectors of a normal system need something sturdy to hold it all together. Lighter boxes, cables and connectors would help and the bags could be lighter. It'd be nice to see boxes with some threaded (M5 & 1/4") holes here and there - being able to physically connect the boxes mean bags with less structure or no bags at all.

There are ways. also Velcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now