K-Tek Now shipping the Stingray Junior!

dfisk

31 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

There are ways. also Velcro

Yeah, there are ways as the 'dashboard' demonstrates and i was going to mention velcro but i'm not a fan when there are alternatives. It's bulky, noisy, the backing glue gets warm and allows movement, it looks horrible after a while etc etc.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Yeah, there are ways as the 'dashboard' demonstrates and i was going to mention velcro but i'm not a fan when there are alternatives. It's bulky, noisy, the backing glue gets warm and allows movement, it looks horrible after a while etc etc.

I use to use the Velcro that is plasics on both sides. I cut the adhesive with a razor and use JBWeld epoxy to glue the Velcro to gear. It will never come off. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/25/2015 at 6:35 PM, dfisk said:

We are very excited to announce we are now shipping a brand new Stingray bag category: The Junior! This is new bag category from K-Tek designed to be a very compact solution for a Zaxcom MAXX and Sound Devices 633. There are some neat features in here, so check it out!

http://ktekpro.com/product/kstgj-stingray-jr/

KTek_KSTGJ_Main.jpg

Hi! A really nice bag! With very nice and cleaver features!

BUT I wonder if any one have the same problem as me, the front handle wont fully retract as the backhandle does. The front one get stuck about 2cm higher. It seems odd, and I can't imagine it to be a feature. What would be the point? 

I went to K-teks webpage to chek if my bag was maybe suffering a  nor pictures nor the video does really show this. But this picture does. It might be a problem since it would mess with the view and hide parts of the display on devices with top display when placed in the front department.

I also wonder why the rain protector screen has velcro on two sides in one end. It seems just to rasp the handle that its in contact with.

Maybe dfisk has some answers:-)

Search words: Handle, Stingray Junior, bag

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

the front handle can't retract any further because of the cable passthrough from the main compartment to the front pocket.
Basically when you push the handle down it bottoms out on that passthrough - you can even feel that from the inside of main compartment.

The clear shield has double Velcro on one side, in case you choose to attach one side of the Shield to the orange interior of the bag instead of the outside lip of the bag. This is just a convenience feature to accommodate personal preference.

Hope this helps...

Ali @ K-Tek