SRb in Panasonic AJ-HPX3100GJ

Hey Jason,

I ran an SRb in an HPX3700 unislot last year for an entire show. While I don't remember the exact level setting I used, I definitely remember having to step down from my usual setting of +5 to keep it from sounding overmodulated. Most of that show used camera audio, and post never had any complaints.

I think you're fine.

Best,

Steven

Hey Jason,

I ran an SRb in an HPX3700 unislot last year for an entire show. While I don't remember the exact level setting I used, I definitely remember having to step down from my usual setting of +5 to keep it from sounding overmodulated. Most of that show used camera audio, and post never had any complaints.

I think you're fine.

Best,

Steven

Thanks Steven!

Post has insisted (in writing) that they are using my files exclusively...so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm surprised that I wasn't able to find any other info on this sitiation, considering the Panasonic cameras actually have both channels enabled through the slot.

I'm surprised that I wasn't able to find any other info on this sitiation, considering the Panasonic cameras actually have both channels enabled through the slot.

Now remember, I'm a junior soundo, but when I was in the field last year and things were sounding over-modulated I found this at the tail-end of the 3700 manual:

3700_Unislot.thumb.jpg.dfb3368aca7048206

I assumed this meant that -40dBu was the max for the unislot, so that's what I dropped my SRb levels to. Things sounded great, so I went with it.

Your 3100 looks to be the same:

3100_unislot.thumb.jpg.b81b499e1d3f455aa

What level did you finally decide on, and does that spec indeed indicate the "maximum" ?

Best,

Steven