Trx700/742 as emergency lav transmitter

osa

Did a corporate job recently where i needed to add an extra transmitter for last minute added talent on camera. I used an ambient emule adapter for lectro 5 pin with lavs wired for lectro on a trx700. I was getting a considerable hiss switching between multiple brands of lavs. Elected to go with it knowing i could clean up the hiss on that iso track with isotope rx4 which worked out good in edit for this particular project. But, not something i want to do again intentionally. Curious to know - Has anyone else had success with a similar configuration?

-Ken

is the hiss caused by the rf from the TRX700?

I am guessing that you were getting the same hiss across all the lavs you tried, as I dont think that the eumel is particularly well shielded against the rf from zaxcom transmitters.

If i remember tomorrow, I will plug in one of my eumels into my 742 and see how quiet it is.

Edited by rich

is the hiss caused by the rf from the TRX700?

I am guessing that you were getting the same hiss across all the lavs you tried, as I dont think that the eumel is particularly well shielded against the rf from zaxcom transmitters.

If i remember tomorrow, I will plug in one of my eumels into my 742 and see how quiet it is.

i am not sure i have heard the sound of zaxcom rf interference to know for sure that is what i was experiencing. if the eumel is ruled out as a culprit i wonder if its the mic's themselves/ would love to know if you experience the same if you get a chance to test. it is definitely an apparent high spectrum white noise type sound i was hearing.

I use dpa , 742 with Eumels no problems...

do you think its because the mics themselves are rf shielded? is your eumel wired lectro as well? i tried a tram, b6 and i believe a cos11(non-D version)