Big Country!

seth

There has already been a song, album, and band named Big Country.

They cranked, so good luck !

best

I wanted to post it like this:

I remember there was a song called Big Country, on the album Big Country, by the band Big Country.

edit: I got that wrong. Apologies to the artists and the board here.

(and they did crank)

Edited by Rachel Cameron

I don't think any of you guys are going to steal my tune so here it is. I know your all so curious. 

Very nice, Seth. It's not difficult to publish your work with BMI, then list it at the Library of Congress for copyright purposes. I did it years back when the sites were new and clunky. I'm sure it's much easier now.

Wow. Nice work Seth. I like it. I was starting to drift and then the song broke into full bloom. Is it your band or just you? Love to hear more about it. (who wrote, who sang, your methods of recording, etc). Sonically I like that there was a lot of space and air and it wasn't overstuffed with too much. Well done IMO. Thanks for sharing.

CrewC

Hey Thanks CrewC! Means a lot coming from you with your experienced ears.

I wrote the tune, sang, played guitar, and worked with my good friend and producer Mckay who played drums and everything else. http://www.mckaygarner.com I initially did the vocals at home, then we decided it wasn't the right performance so we went to his place which is a well treated mixing room with a tube mic. Drums and guitar recorded at Jingle town in Oakland. We go into mastering in a week for the record. Took a lot of time off to record most of this at home. My bank account and wife needs me to go back to work though : ) Hoping to find some placements for some of these tunes. Been a lot of fun.

Edited by seth

Seems like the song could fit in a lot of platforms, though I have no idea how that market works. 

Hats off to Mckay and you. It sounds like a good band tracked live. Hardly done that way anymore but the sound and vibe of that style recording is hard to do with one or two people so, congrats. Hope you all do more. 

CrewC

Very nice, Seth. It's not difficult to publish your work with BMI, then list it at the Library of Congress for copyright purposes. I did it years back when the sites were new and clunky. I'm sure it's much easier now.

Thanks! and thanks. it's on the to do list. Did it for the first record. 

Thanks Crew! Mckay was always saying "yay it sounds like people in a room" when we got to that point. And we talked about the "vibe" a lot  You guys must have learned the same terminology. 

I know this production company.  This is work for hire for them, and they do not pick the music for their shows.. the network does.. look up the music supervisor of record for the program and contact them.

BTW.. Crazylegs are reputable, and fine to work with.  Many Atlanta based sound mixers have worked for them

Thanks for the info!