Halter Technical Field Monitor

Doc Justice

I'm proud to introduce a new company and new product. Halter Technical LLC presents to you the Field Monitor. It's a new headset created with producers in mind, designed specifically for use with all IFB models. No longer will anybody be subject to dealing with kinked coil cables, uncomfortable ear hooks, or speakers that sound like telephones. Experience the clarity, comfort, and ease of the HT Field Monitor on your next production! Available NOW at Trew Audio and Audio Department. Check out www.haltertechnical.com for more info!

Halter Technical Logo.png

HT_Field_Monitor_1.jpg

HT_Field_Monitor_2.jpg

HT_Field_Monitor_3.jpg

HT Field Monitor 4.jpg

HT Field Monitor 5.jpg

HT Field Monitor Logo.png

I'll speak very frankly about the Field Monitor, since we're all friends here. 

The "standard" headset for reality TV IFB's is the Tactical Ear Gadgets "Rabbit" headset. This is a headset that is marketed towards walkie-talkie users as a "listen-only" device. It has a mono connector, a coiled cable, and a speaker made specifically for walkie-talkie use.  It is not intended for IFB use.

Jan, you hit the nail on the head here with the words "purpose-built."  I grew very tired of hearing producers, campers operators and sound mixers complaining about the Ear Gadget, and I decided to do something about it.

The Field Monitor has a stereo connector (actually a TRRS so that it will work in iDevices as well) and a high fidelity speaker. The ear hook was designed to be much lighter, thinner, and more comfortable than the Ear Gadget. And for those people that don't want the hook, it can simply be removed.

As of last week's launch, the Field Monitor is only available at Trew Audio (Burbank Location) and Audio Department. As word spreads and demand dictates, I will be able to offer it in more locations. The retail price is $25, which is comparable to the Ear Gadget.

For anybody that needs to hear a program mix in one ear, I think this is the best solution available. I invite everybody in the LA area to A/B the Field Monitor with the Ear Gadget at Trew or Audio Dept to hear and feel the difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love it!  Are they easy to clean?  My first thought is how gross that daily gunk buildup would be!  There would be no option for "public" cans, these would have to always go to the same people, and be cleaned after every use.  Right?  Replace the pads each time?

Dan Izen