New Sennheiser 2-chan receiver, compatible with Digital 9000 and all the way down to G3's.

Karri

"It's like speed dating for radio microphones"

Analog AND digital receiver at the same time (ch1 can be analog and ch2 digital or any combination of both) , AES3 output thru Sound Devices Superslot, configuration including whole setup load/save thru web browser (it's running a web server internally), Configuration of all the settings of the transmitter from the SD 688 (the menu trims down to specific receiver options, so no clutter) AND the best thing - compatible with most of the Sennheiser wireless range all the way(HiDyn, 2000, G3)  from 9000 series down to Evolution G3 series. Very impressive Sennheiser.  To ideal wireless, one needs SD card recording at the transmitter. Wonder if they have something up their sleeves at the moment like that. Audio LTD already has SD recording feature for any transmitter used everywhere except US.

I've found the wisycom receivers work rather well with any of the sennheiser transmitters, they receive battery telemetry too.

Something I noticed from the video was that the new receiver only receives 9000 series in "long range mode", which I assume isn't the uncompressed modulation. I assume this is something they're saving for the big rack mount 9000 rx, so these may be cheaper

Something I noticed from the video was that the new receiver only receives 9000 series in "long range mode", which I assume isn't the uncompressed modulation. I assume this is something they're saving for the big rack mount 9000 rx, so these may be cheaper

this is correct. The modulation of the uncompressed "hd mode" is too complicated for a stable signal in rough work in the field with changing conditions and simple antennas.

But all I've heard from LR mode is that it sounds absolutely great.

I'm a bit scared of it

I'm with you. 

I have a lot more high-end gear then I do low-end gear, but I can say, within the physical and mechanical limitations... I'm gaining more respect for Sennheiser. 

So far, no performance surprises or weird technical problems. Don't expect it to do something it wasn't built for and it won't let you down. I like the idea of a Sennheiser product to compete in this category. 

Edited by MattinSTL