Music Video TC panic

JCC

Hi.  Not much time, need to post this so I can find responses in the field.  

Shooting music video - running playback in 788T.  Edit gave me files they created as 23.98, but 788T recognizes them as 30NDF.  ...?  Not sure why.  Need to get these files into 23.98 since thats the requested TC for the shoot.    I don't have protools, but I have FCP.   Wave Agent doesn't show the frame rate...

How can I get my 788 to see they are 23.98 files, or change the files so 788 recognizes them as 23.98 instead of 30fps?

788T and cameras are set at 23.98, but 788T sees the sound files as 30ND (and I'm 99% certain they were recorded at 23.98).

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

Edited by JCC

I'd take the file,

A-drop it into Wave Agent

B-Look at it to see if it's truly at 30 and if so

C-Change it to 23.98 and save it. I'd change the name to reflect the new version

D-Bring the file back into the 788 for PB.

Make sure you do NOT change the sample rate.

Thanks Harber.

I did do exactly that and my 788T froze up.  Wave agent did not identify what frame rate it was, though.  It could see the sample rates, but not the frame rates.  It was a pretty weird deal; my understanding was that wave agent was made to do exactly that, and it made it so the files would not play at all...  Also, files came from 2 different (very competent) editors, and both said they provided 23.98 frame rates...   

Here's the lesson I learned:  Do not do music video playback unless you are using protools or similar software.  788T has always worked for me in the past, but going forward - if there's a bump in the road, I want protools to respond.  Luckily, the other audio person (great guy) had pro tools and a solution was available!

John